Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
You won't find this experience at any zoo

Great experience. Knowledgeable animal handlers. Up close like never before. Wow just wow!!! Every... read more

Reviewed yesterday
wetjed
Huntersville, North Carolina
via mobile
Great collection of raptors

This place takes in injured birds and keeps or rehabilitates them. I enjoyed myself and was amazed... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Chelsea G
San Diego, California

All reviews birds of prey raptor center bald eagles all ages beautiful birds great place tree roots golden eagle non profit great for kids bug spray educational programs gift shop kids and adults well taken care walking trails cool place
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My son and I enjoyed a lovely morning here as last bit of fun before school starts. The exhibits are located outside amongst lots of shade trees. They have a great variety of different birds of prey most of the rescues that cannot live in the wild. Very friendly staff eager to answer any questions you have.

Date of experience: August 2017
CarolinaRaptorCenter, Manager at Carolina Raptor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Glad you all had a great time. The birds hope that your son has a great school year. :-)

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Great little hands on place to take children, especially 3-7. Hands on fun!! My granddaughter loved it!

Date of experience: January 2017
CarolinaRaptorCenter, Manager at Carolina Raptor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thanks for the review! We're looking to add more hands on activities this fall, so be on the lookout.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stopped after visiting the plantation. I am so glad we did. I learned so much and am so impressed by all they do here! I think the King Vulture was my favorite. I only didn't like the crows as I get enough of them pecking at my roof! Haha But seriously this is a great facility.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We didn't go to the Raptor Center, but we did contact them last week when we found an injured Cooper's Hawk in our yard. The rep was so very prompt to get to our home (sadly, we had to call her twice, as we were unable to find the injured bird on her first visit), very wise in how to capture the injured bird, and she was careful to explain what would happen from there. The Charlotte community has a true gem of a bird rescue service in the Carolina Raptor Center!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank traveldoc28027
CarolinaRaptorCenter, Manager at Carolina Raptor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thanks for giving us a call. Hope that your Cooper's Hawk is doing well. Come and see us soon on the Raptor Trail!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

What an interesting place, learned more in a couple of hours about these birds than in my previous 63 years, staff and volunteers awesome, make sure you have closed in shoes as the tracks through the bush to the different aviary have loads of huge ant like things on them and I was a little nervous of them biting me, we took lunch and had a picnic here

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank kiwierps

Glad you had a great time! Unfortunately at this time of year, we do usually have an ant migration. Unlikely to bite you in their zeal to get to a new home, but can be disconcerting! Closed-toe shoes are a great tip, however, and all should take note of that.
Thanks for reviewing us.