Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A Must See

After visiting some llamas in North Carolina, we wanted to hang with some raptors to finish off the... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018
Aimee N
Orlando, Florida
Excersize and professionalism

I took a Sunday walk with Joe Amodeo (the Raptor centers onsite professional photographer). The... read more

Reviewed 13 October 2018
EliP2
Charlotte, North Carolina

All reviews birds of prey raptor center bald eagles latta plantation beautiful birds all ages great place different species tree roots bird lovers golden eagle non profit wooded area great for kids bug spray educational programs kids and adults
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stopped after visiting the plantation. I am so glad we did. I learned so much and am so impressed by all they do here! I think the King Vulture was my favorite. I only didn't like the crows as I get enough of them pecking at my roof! Haha But seriously this is a great facility.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We didn't go to the Raptor Center, but we did contact them last week when we found an injured Cooper's Hawk in our yard. The rep was so very prompt to get to our home (sadly, we had to call her twice, as we were unable to find the injured bird on her first visit), very wise in how to capture the injured bird, and she was careful to explain what would happen from there. The Charlotte community has a true gem of a bird rescue service in the Carolina Raptor Center!

1  Thank traveldoc28027
CarolinaRaptorCenter, Manager at Carolina Raptor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thanks for giving us a call. Hope that your Cooper's Hawk is doing well. Come and see us soon on the Raptor Trail!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

What an interesting place, learned more in a couple of hours about these birds than in my previous 63 years, staff and volunteers awesome, make sure you have closed in shoes as the tracks through the bush to the different aviary have loads of huge ant like things on them and I was a little nervous of them biting me, we took lunch and had a picnic here

1  Thank kiwierps

Glad you had a great time! Unfortunately at this time of year, we do usually have an ant migration. Unlikely to bite you in their zeal to get to a new home, but can be disconcerting! Closed-toe shoes are a great tip, however, and all should take note of that.
Thanks for reviewing us.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We enjoyed seeing all the birds or prey. We also discovered that we had a red tailed hawk in our front yard last summer.

Date of experience: July 2017

You might have a return visit from your Red-tailed Hawk! I am sure it was beautiful. Glad you could come and see us on the Raptor Trail. Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

They are fascinated by all of the different species, they like my reading the description, then we talk about each Raptor we've seen...and they're learning in the process!

Date of experience: August 2016

Great place for a day of bonding with grandkids of all ages! Thanks for the great review. Hope to see you again soon on the Raptor Trail.