All reviewsfresh paintroom was cleanfront desk clerknice staysausage pattieshot breakfastmotelcharlottetilehousekeepingrepair
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

While traveling through Huntersville NC north of Charlotte NC. Stayed at this hotel and loved the clean & quite rooms. Slept like baby on comfy bedding. Stayed their 3 nights and staff was very friendly. I would surely recommend this hotel for stay. Location of this Quality inn hotel is very convenient. Really enjoyed my stay!

Stayed: June 2018
Silver M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Huntersville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Nelisa Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay guest satisfaction is a hallmark of everything we do here and we are pleased that you chose to stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Warmest Regards Silver Middleton

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I booked a night online for Saturday, 6/16/18 and arrived at the hotel around 5:45pm. After going into the lobby which was insufferably hot due to the A/C not on I waited behind a guest for over 20 minutes while the lady (Nicole) at the front desk struggled to do her basic job functions. At first I assumed there were technical problems but finally when I got to approach the desk she asked me for my information and after giving her my driver's license she took over 10 minutes just to put my name and address in the system. She kept muttering to herself and I was wondering if she was asking me questions or was just talking to herself. It was very very strange. After she handed me back my driver's license she hits the wrong button and clears everything she had just done. Which meant I had to give her back my driver's license and do the whole process again. It took over THIRTY (30!) minutes just to get my room key. I finally get to my room almost an hour after arriving. Room 210 I observed trash on the floor, food in the fridge, coins all over the bathroom floor and a faint aroma of cigarette smoke. I decided just to deal with it so I wouldn't have to go back downstairs and confuse Nicole even more with a request of changing rooms.

After my significant other arrived we both showered and before we got a chance to get clothed an employee WALKS IN THE ROOM WITHOUT KNOCKING! It was extremely embarrassing. I yell at her to get out and I honestly thought at first I was getting robbed because she did not announce herself or the fact she was a front desk employee. After she leaves the room she stands by my door and I yell "Why did you barge into my room?!!?" And she replies "It was a clerical issue SIR!" She doesn't even apologize!

Avoid this hotel at all costs. They have dirty rooms, unprofessional staff, all of the common areas are HOT because they don't air condition the hallways or lobby, and they BARGE IN YOUR ROOM while you're doing your personal business!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

anexseven On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Property CHI
Operations Manager
Quality Inn
704-892-6597

Reviewed 4 June 2018

First of all, let me say that when we checked out we were given a discount to help make up for the issues we encountered.

My husband and I arrived at the Quality Inn around 10:15 pm to check in. As the young lady at the reception desk started to check us in, a man interrupted and told her that someone was already in the room (204) she assigned to him because he found shoes and other things and trash in the room when he entered. He asked if he could have another room. She told him she didn't have any more rooms available (lie #1). She told him that no one was in that room and that it had been cleaned. He re-stated that someone's shoes and other items and trash were in the room. She continued to quietly disagree with him for a while (like he way lying?), but finally told him that after she checked us in, she would go up to look at the room with him. She checked us in and we proceeded to park our car.

When we re-entered the building we encountered the man again. He had been given a key to a room on the third floor (see, there was another room available!), and was changing rooms.

We went to our room (206) and, at first glance, thought, "This is alright for what we paid." That was until we got in front of the TV and found the following pieces of trash in the opening of the TV Console: A large empty pretzel bag, a grocery bag, an empty container of sports drink powder, and plastic bag containing what looked like about 50 baggies.

I called the front desk just to let the young lady at the desk know that room 206 also had issues, but we could throw the trash away and live with it. Then I opened the refrigerator to find an apple and two packets of ranch dressing from a fast food restaurant. These two incidences made me suspicious that perhaps the room hadn't been cleaned (though the bed was neatly made). So, I pulled back the covers to find dirty and rumpled sheets that had obviously been used and not changed and noticed that the floor didn't appear to have been vacuumed either.

I called the front desk again and told the young lady that the sheets had not been changed in our room and that apparently the room hadn't really been cleaned. She said, "I can move you to another room." I said, "Okay." Then she said, "But I don't have a king room available," (lie #2). My husband and I didn't want two double beds. We paid for a king room and wanted a king room. So, I told her no, that we would just like to have clean sheets. She said I could come down stairs and get them (really?).

So, I went downstairs and got the stack of linens she had for me. I went back to the room and my husband and I stripped the bed of the dirty linens. When we started to put the clean (very thin) sheets on the bed, we found that she had given us sheets for a DOUBLE bed and ONE pillowcase (though we had a king bed and there were four pillows on the bed). I called her again and told her she had given us the wrong size linens. She said to come back down and she would try to find the right ones.

I went downstairs again and started to hand her the dirty sheets. She said, "No, put them in here." She had me follow her into the laundry room and put them in the "dirty bin" myself. After much looking in the laundry room, she finally found some king-size sheets. I told her that I also needed four pillow cases. She had to look for those too, but finally found them. I went back up to the room with the king-size linens and my husband and I made the bed.

Then the phone rang. It was the young lady from the front desk. She said that my credit card "didn't go through". I questioned her as to what she meant since we had paid for our room online. She said it was for incidentals, that it didn't go through and if she didn't get it straightened out tonight before her shift ended, she would get in trouble. I told her I would come down again. She said to hurry because her shift ended at 11:00.

I went downstairs again and gave her my credit card to swipe, I told her that she didn't ask for it when we checked in, that she had only asked for my ID. She said she must have been distracted by the man who interrupted my check-in and forgot to ask me for it. (And when she actually swiped it, it did go through.) By this time, her replacement had arrived and I told her a little of what we had been through. She seemed shocked and said she was sorry.

I went back to the room and before getting ready for bed, my husband and I decided to get a drink and a snack from the vending machines (which are near the front desk). When we got downstairs, the replacement lady saw us and apologized to us again for what we had been through. We started conveying more of the ordeal to her. At this point, the first young lady said, "I'm just going to give them another room." She then gave us keys to a room on the third floor that had a KING bed (recall that she had told us she didn't have any king rooms available, and she told the first man there were no rooms available). She and her replacement said they would make some notes for the manager about our room not being clean when we arrived.

We got our snacks, went back up, changed rooms, and brought the keys to the first room back down. The lady on night shift apologized again (the first young lady had left by then). I told her that in the new room the carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed and that we found mustard, a Lite Beer, and part of a turkey sandwich in the refrigerator. She offered to come up and vacuum the room herself, but I told her that after all we had been through to get in a room, we were tired and wanted to go to bed. She reminded us about breakfast and told us that she prepares it and that she is clean!

Finally, about 11:30, we got settled and went to bed. I didn't sleep very well, not knowing if I was sleeping on clean sheets or not.

The next morning we went to breakfast around 9:35 (breakfast was 7-10 am). Both coffee urns were empty, there were no biscuits nor sausage nor eggs ready. There was one woman (a different woman) working the breakfast area and she had more than she could do. We had to wait around 10 minutes before we got any food and longer for coffee. A guest in the hotel got tired of waiting and just started helping (went in the back room and got coffee, bananas, etc. and brought them out). Eventually we ate, though disappointed that we had encountered another problem.

When we went to check-out, no one was at the front desk so we rang the bell. A woman hung her head over the railing of the floor above (from the breakfast area) to see what we needed and I told her I needed to talk with someone about what we went through last night, so she came down (she was the same lady who was already over-worked at breakfast !) She was working the breakfast area and the front desk by herself. I think she may have been a manager(?) Anyway, she knew about some of our fiasco, and gave us a $40 refund off the price we had paid. I accepted that, but considering what we had been through, I think we should have been offered a bigger refund.
NOTES:
Other issues: The carpet is torn and dirty near the elevator. Our non-smoking room smelled like it had been smoked in.
The only things I fault the first young lady for is the lies she told and for poor manners. It wasn't her fault that the housekeeper had pulled a fast one and cheated on cleaning the rooms and it wasn't her normal job to have to hunt sheets in the laundry room.
THIS HOTEL IS UNDERSTAFFED AND CUSTOMERS SUFFER BECAUSE OF IT!
NOT THE QUALITY I EXPECT FROM A "QUALITY INN!"

Room Tip: I wouldn't use this hotel again. I wonder if there is a good room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alisa G
Silver M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Huntersville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Alisa G My sincere apologies for the issues you described during your recent visit with us. Please be assured that I have discussed all of these issues with the entire staff. And I am especially sorry that we were not able to satisfy your concerns.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience.
Warmest Regards
Silver

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Okay, it isn't the Ritz, but it was clean, comfortable, well staffed, well maintained, and more than pleasant. Far better than I expected from a moderately price hotel.
Spent 3 nights there, and my only complaints were not enough coffee for the little coffee maker to make a second cup, and something else so minor I can't recall it 2 weeks later......now I remember. It had a straight back chair for the desk. Not the best, but it did its job, I guess.
Front desk was extremely helpful and pleasant, breakfast was decent, if nothing to write home about. Location was excellent for my needs.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Silver M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Huntersville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

eberly1 Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay guest satisfaction is a hallmark of everything we do here and we are pleased that you chose to stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Warmest Regards Silver Middleton

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Just stayed overnight and it was fine. Very clean and that is most important. Not to sharp at the front desk and breakfast was poor but at least something to get started. I would not hesitate to use this place again as the rate was good.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Tuscan47 Thank you for taking the time to share your recent visit with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay guest satisfaction is a hallmark of everything we do here and we are pleased that you chose to stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Warmest Regards Silver Middleton