“Good Food! Good Service!”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #88 of 303 Restaurants in High Point
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I had dinner with my wife on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant was busy buy not slammed. We were seated right away. Cory was our server and did a great job. We started with drinks. My wife ordered a top shelf rita (margarita) and I ordered a glass of merlot. Both drinks were very good. For dinner, I ordered a salad with blue cheese, a baked potato, and Victoria's filet, medium. It was cooked perfectly and a good sized portion. It was tender and delicious. The salad was good too. My wife had the Victoria's filet and lobster. The filet was great but the lobster tail was very small and not cleaned to her liking. We told Cory and he put in an reorder straight away. The manager brought it out quickly and it was a decent size and cooked perfectly. No extra charge. My wife was satisfied and she can be very picky. She also had a caesar salad baked sweet potato. I thought this was really good customer service/satisfaction. This Outback has very good food and the service was great. We will be back. Recommended!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Ad on tv a little deceiving for crab legs and steak. Menu pricing is emphatic on a selection towards Moe expensive items. Quantities a little deceiving and questionable lb and 1/2 pound. Waitress was excellent.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

When we arrived we were seated fast and they where friendly. That's where the Good review ends, the rest was disappointing. It doesn't seem to be the Outback that it used to be. Prices doubled and serving size shrunk 50%. I wouldn't of mind the changes if the food was as good as it used to be or better. There are to many other restaurants that serve better food, don't think I will be going back anytime soon.

OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hello,

We hate to hear the experience was disappointing. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - High Point, NC". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Somewhere along the line, probably during the Great Recession, Outback became a different restaurant experience. Gone were the steaks that made them famous, gone were the house salads to die for. People had less money to spend, competition was fierce, and Outback, as well as other higher-quality restaurant chains, began to trim their offerings so they could offer $14.99 specials. The result is that nothing is special about Outback anymore. My 6 oz. sirloin was just as tough as any supermarket round steak prepared on a backyard grill. The house salad was a third the size of its original namesake and, sadly, the better part of the meal. Service was all about "up-selling" me on extras and another beer, not really providing good service. On a positive note, the seven ounce salmon was quite good. Not better than many, but good. Two entrees and two drinks was $50 plus tip.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

The restaurant was not busy, but the staff seemed to be overwhelmed. Service was extremely slow. We waited over 20 minutes just get get our salad and drinks. Steaks (ribeyes) were very tough.