“James the manager and Jeff the waiter”
Review of Sammy G's Tavern

Sammy G's Tavern
Ranked #4 of 292 Restaurants in High Point
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2017

James is so kind and friendly to everyone,, he is a super guy and also Jeff the waiter is wonderful also very kind and will go out of his way to please us... we live in Lexington.nc and visit Sammy'sg a lot due to these wonderful guys.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We attended a dinner in a private room here the other night for 20 people. Everything was pre-arranged for weeks. It took nearly an hour to receive our meals after placing our orders. Don’t be in a hurry here.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

I have been at this establishment on several occasions. I was not disappointed on any. The decor is casual and inviting, featuring tables, as well as, large booths. I have ordered a variety of their dishes and was never disappointed. Most visits I was accompanied by business associates. Food is Good. Nice wine selection. I recommend and will continue to frequent when in High Point. I offer my congratulations!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

ALWAYS FUN on Wednesday. Half price wine night. Lots of people, amazing food and great wine. Thai shrimp, chicken nachos and oyster salad are favorites

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We have eaten at Sammy G's a number of times. We had a coupon for up to $15 off an entree from a fundraiser book, so we ate there tonight. Hubby and I both ordered the Sammy G's entree : fried flounder, popcorn shrimp & crab cake, cole slaw, french fries, and a house salad for $18.99. Hubby had creamy Italian dressing on his salad and I had blue cheese dressing on mine. We were also given rolls and a cup of garlic flavored margarine like spread. It was hard to believe they did not serve real butter. The salads were very basic, but the dressings were good. Our seafood platters arrived and were very generous in serving size. Hubby liked the crab cake; I thought it was okay but it totally lacked any sort of seasoning. We both liked the fried shrimp. The shrimp was lightly battered and nicely cooked. Hubby thought the flounder was okay - I did not taste mine. We took all of my flounder and most of his home with us. Also on our platter were small metal cups with tarter sauce, red sauce, and cole slaw. We had to ask for ketchup to go with the french fries. The cole slaw was the worst I have ever eaten, anywhere. It literally seemed to be a small cup of old chopped cabbage with no dressing or seasoning. We each had one bite and left the rest on our plates. Our server was very attentive and did a good job overall . We gave our coupon to the server when we ordered. They ran our ticket without subtracting the coupon. We caught the error and there was a delay when they cancelled the first charge and ran the corrected ticket. I still believe that many of their entrees - like the Sammy G's - are overpriced. The food was okay overall. We'd eat there again if we have a significant coupon, but it is not worth their full mostly inflated prices.

Been to Sammy G's Tavern? Share your experiences!