“Sammy G's Tavern”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Excellent food and excellent service make for a wonderful place tor lunch or dinner. The wait staff is very helpful in suggesting menu items for someone who must be careful about salt intake, etc.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed the best food, best service at Sammy G's the last night before market end. We had the sweetest waiter that could not have been more attentive. The food was perfect all the way around. It is worth the short drive to get there.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Went for Lunch - we had the crab cake & steak & cheese sandwich. Attentive service, average food, smallish portions.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I visited this nice , busy place while on business in High Point NC recommended by a colleague .
From the time you walk in till you leave , their sincere service will never stop to amaze you. I’ve been to many places around the world and I can confidently say that they have the best restaurant service I have ever seen in the world .
Ordered the steak filet with crab cake. Food got delayed (5mins max) server and manager apologised couple of time . (Not necessary in my opinion , it was JUST 5mins)
Owner himself served the food and apologise again said my meal was on the house . Such a gentleman. I insist to pay, but obviously he never gave in.

After dinner , went to the washroom and there he was cleaning up the toilet . Asked me how was my meal and again apologised for the delay.

Overall I would say they take Southern Hospitality to a whole new level.

And wait, did I mention? The food was awesome too!!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We went here for my wife's 40th bday with a group of 6. I recognized the waiter as the same waiter the last few times I've been. He is great and REALLY cares about your experience. We got some awesome cocktails (the cucumber one seemed popular with the girls) and a "taster" of local microbrews. The cook on the steaks were all over, and the waiter immediately offered to get us some new ones. However, we were short on time...the manager came over and sincerely felt bad for the cook on the steaks, offering us some "to-go" meals, which we also declined as we were on our way to an activity. Instead, he gave us a very generous comp. We liked this place before, but seeing how much they cared about 'making it right' means we will definitely being going back! On a side note, although this is not a burger spot, I've had the burger a few times...$10 for almost 3/4lb bacon cheeseburger with fried egg. Can't be beat!