HYATT house Charlotte Center City
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,404 results
All reviewsvalet parkingtime warner arenaomelet stationomelet barfull kitchengreat hotelmade to order omeletsbasketball gamecomplimentary breakfastwalking distancerooftop poolvalet staffsmall kitchenking suitecenter citybed was very comfortableliving area
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although I am from Charlotte, I rarely stay at a hotel. I have never stayed downtown though. The Hyatt House provided a great first time experience. We were greeted with a smile at every station from the parking attendant, front desk and housekeeping. The room was ample enough for my family of 3. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchenette was useful. We were there for 2 days and our housekeeper, Almaz, made sure that we had all that we needed. We were on the 8th floor and the view from our room was wonderful. At night you saw the skyline of downtown and it was inviting. The highlight was the buffet style breakfast, included with the stay at no cost. That is rare at a hotel of this level. Ms. Monique made omelets to order and they helped the day get off to a wonderful start. My family commented that they wanted to return at a later date when we didn't have other obligations so that we could sightsee more. I would stay at the Hyatt House again.

Room Tip: Better views are from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The shower pressure in room was horrible. Very noisy on 10th floor and maid did not refill all necessities. Valet makes difficult to retrieve items from car during stay. Breakfast had gone down hill in service, quality. Not worth the money this trip.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
matthew_allen30, General Manager at HYATT house Charlotte Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We are sorry this was not up to our previous standards, we will work with our staff to ensure we can bring it back to what you remember.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On the positive side, the room was clean and spacious. The hotel staff (other than the front desk) were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very centrally located downtown.

The parts of the stay that I didn't like started as we first tried to pull in. Had to wait in the street as others who were parking in the hotel garage were unloading their vehicles on the sidewalk, only one car at a time. The hotel only has valet parking ($28 a night). They offer no self-serve parking. When we got or room keys, one didn't work and since you also need a room key to operate the elevator, we knew that we should have 2 working keys. We went back to the front desk told them the key didn't work and they said we shouldn't carry the key next to something electronic that would effect the magnetic strip (like we did something wrong). We didn't do this but said ok, went back to the room, tried the key again and of course it didn't work. Went back and the very unfriendly issued us another car that did work. We talked to other people during our stay and several had the same key issue.
Also, we thought about swimming in the pool but is was so tiny the we decided not to swim. It didn't seem much larger that a big hot tub.
If I were to visit Charlotte again, I would look to try one of the other nearby hotels instead.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I was in Charlotte on business. Most efficient stay as location is good; practically attached to the Spectrum Center. The staff was extremely efficient and savvy for the most part. The breakfast was ready promptly each morning at 6:30 am and plenty of choices (eggs, potatoes, meat, breads, fruit, yogurt etc) to get you started each day. The coffee was very good. The room was suite like with kitchen area, keurig, refrigerator, etc. The bed was comfy. The pillows left a little to be desired and bathroom had all necessities and was really basic. The room felt like it was going for modern but had an old feel with the bathroom. Needs were met. And for business it was very good and would stay again.

Personally, I would not choose to stay here due to two factors. One is parking of car which they have almost mandatory valet parking at $28 or other option is across the road for like $10. Unacceptable to even though I know this is how many large city hotels work these days. My second item is drinking water. Every establishment should have complimentary water and most have infused water or simply drinking water within lobby for guests. Not here and unacceptable for me personally. Now, the bar is fantastic so each night I went to the bar and got a cup of water to take with me to my room. Inconvenience indeed; necessary to me.

Choices!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

I am sorry that you did not like our valet service. You are welcome to use other lots in the area, but please note that the lots around the hotel are $10 for a 12 hour time period and are not secure.
We have begun offering fruit infused water at the desk, and we are happy to provide cold drinking water upon request.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

The room was very spacious and clean, huge shower and beautiful view. We even had a little kitchen with a full fridge in it. The breakfast buffet was amazing, there was everything you could possibly imagine. Also, the location was perfect. Overall it was one of our best hotel experiences, so bad we could only stay one night! We'll go back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed your visit.