All reviews log cabin country breakfast biscuits the main house living room felt immediately upper deck made from scratch two story pancakes bed and breakfast downtown brevard wedding porch dean farms fireflies
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Perfect location in between Pisgah and DuPont forests to explore both places and all of the many waterfalls in a weekend. Or just sit and read a book on the screen porch or upper deck. We came to see the fireflies and Donya put a small mason jar with glowing lights on our table for us. It was such a nice special touch. The kids got to ring the bell for breakfast. They enjoyed the farm animals next door. It really does feel like a stay at grandmas. Everything is relaxed and old-fashioned. Bring extra washcloths and consider a power strip because there was only one outlet. Also the doors lock from the inside so you can't lock them when you leave. We left everything in the room when we went exploring and of course everything was fine when we returned in this friendly mountain community. We will definitely be back, hopefully for a longer stay next time!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank keepchasingwindmills
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

My wife found this gem online and booked a night for us as my birthday gift. What a treat! There is a private cottage, a log cabin built in the twenties, and an 1890's family home to choose from. The owners are incredible and the views are amazing. The next morning we were served a country breakfast and upon hearing it was my Birthday, they came around the corner singing happy birthday as they presented me with a birthday biscuit, candle and all! We will be returning. We already booked a full weekend for our anniversary.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2016

My daughter and I stayed last year, and it was blissful. Anne and her family were so accommodating and FUN. I hurt myself while I was staying there, and Anne took care of me as if I was her daughter. In the evenings, she would stop by the cabin every day and visit. When we left, she told me we came as guests and left as family. It is an absolutely beautiful place to stay, and the scenery is breathtaking.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Belinda L
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

My friend and I spent three days closer to heaven at the Pines Country Inn surrounded by waterfalls and with homemade biscuits every morning. Every place you look is a calendar or postcard vista. Our hostesses, Mary and Ann, and their family treated us like one of their own. We stayed in the comfortable, cute and rustic log cabin--Grandpa's Log Cabin--built in 1916. We hiked in Dupont State Forest and Pisgah National Forest. Only minutes away from great food in Brevard, you will love the serenity and beauty of this wonderful bed and breakfast. Being from Ga, I have eaten a lot of biscuits, but Mary's are the best. With apple butter please!! Can't wait to come back in the spring.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Wow absolutely beautiful property and lots of options for big families or couples. Sunset and sunrise is well worth the stay here. Country breakfast was delicious. Even got to check out the log cabin built in 1916.

Date of stay: August 2016