“Good but...”

Ranked #12 of 75 Restaurants in Brevard
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Diner, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Come Experience Brevard's Premier Fine Dinning Restaurant; You Will Enjoy Our Fresh Ingredients And Elegant Atmosphere.
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We have been here 3 times. The first time was Mardi Gras and they had a limited menu. Tacos only.The second time I got the filet steak. It was awful. I ordered it medium well
I told the waiter that I wanted it pink on the inside and not very well done on the outside. It was red on the inside and totally burnt on the outside. I mean black on the outside. So burnt that it was so charred that it left a bitter taste in my mouth. My husband told me to send it back. I hate to send food back, but I did. They brought me out another steak but it was the same as the first. I left it on the plate. It was ineatable. All I can say about this is don't order the filet. We went back once again and I ordered the carnitas tacos. The were very good!

1  Thank jansatay

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We’ve all been to what 100 Mexican restaurants and while there may be subtle differences, by in large they are pretty much the same. First you get chips, then tortilla rolled whatever covered with green or red sauce with cheese and usual beans and rice sides.

Not so with Quixote. Tucked into the corner of SW North Carolina and 20 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway is a “Mexican” restaurant that is truly unique. Having lived and sampled restaurants in Southern California, the Pacific Northwest, the Midwest and now Florida, despite the remoteness of this restaurant it is exceptional. While the presentation, ingredients, and flavors harken to its Mexican heritage, the ultimate flavors and quality are indescribable and superb. There is moderate selection, and usually specials. Great service, atmosphere and warmth. Enjoy.

1  Thank Jdhos
VICTOR_GOMEZANGULO, Manager at Quixote Fine Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

We really enjoy your visit and your reviewb, it is always a pleasure to served you and we hope to see you soo
Thanks again
QUIXOTE FAMILY

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We ended up at Quixote for a late Sunday lunch after spending the morning hiking. We were looking for anywhere open without a wait, and serving beer and wine. I didn't think I really wanted Mexican, but they changed my mind. Service was excellent; everyone was extremely attentive. We had huevos rancheros and the vegetarian fritata. Both were quite good. We were given a small taste of the soup of the day on the house (as an "amuse bouche" if it were a French restaurant), which was delicious and spicy, but not heavy. We will certainly consider going back on our next trip to Brevard, maybe for dinner next time!

1  Thank lvill588
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Wonderful Mexican cuisine, not your typical re-friend beans. The tacos al pastor were amazing and so was the service at this family owned restaurant. You have to ask for chips and salsa and their green sauce should be bottled. Was there for brunch and they served unexpectedly a small poblano soup that was amazing.

1  Thank JorgeJax
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We visited Quixote on our trip from NY. All of our food was amazing!! It was definitely the best Mexican food we have ever eaten!! The restaurant is very nicely decorated, complete with tablecloths. The service was excellent from our server to the attention from management. Everyone is so friendly and made sure we were well taken care of! It is conveniently located right in town, so we were able to walk from our village house rental. Quixote is definitely a MUST when dining out in Brevard!!

1  Thank rcs3188
VICTOR_GOMEZANGULO, Manager at Quixote Fine Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you and it was our pleasure to served you, hope to see you both back soon