“Hidden Gem...”

Cuisines: American
Description: across the street from Brevard College. 828-884-3331
Description: across the street from Brevard College. 828-884-3331
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Personally, I like the hole in the wall kind of places. This would be one of those. Plenty of awesome food on the menu. We had breakfast here on our recent three day weekend trip and it was definitely above average and better than I remembered from our last trip. We would've had lunch there as well if we'd have stayed in town longer. They've got plenty when it comes to variety of food AND coffee. Only downside was part of order was wrong, but I can get look part that since the food and atmosphere was better than most... Will DEFINITELY eat there again when in town.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This is a busy place where you have to order at the counter and then hope for an open table inside or out. The food was excellent.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

When we arrived for breakfast it was packed and totally chaotic. Walk in and be prepared to fend for yourself! We had two small children with us and needed a table for 4. Good luck with that. The tables and chairs are haphazardly crammed in there like sardines. I don't know how in the world they aren't breaking some sort of fire code. It is a walk up to the counter and order which we were not prepared for either. The menu board has a million different items on it, all in different colors and would take you forever to read. As soon as I walked up a little girl with a shaved head and bad attitude asked me what I wanted. I told her I wasn't sure because I didn't know what they had. It was our first time in there. She rolled her eyes at me and huffed off. Whatever. I had to frantically look at the board and shout out an order. I picked the first thing that looked simple and recognizable that the entire family would eat. We got a couple of the basic breakfasts. Then it was time to find a seat. We had to weave our way back to the dining area where some nice people offered to get up and let us sit down. I don't think they were even done eating yet. I went back to get my coffee from the serve yourself coffee station and that was another cluster in itself. You are literally battling people to get a cup. I managed to make it back to the table without scalding me or anyone else. The food was average except for the grits that were terrible and tasted like water. Not sure if I would go back or not after that experience. If I did it would have to be when there aren't 500 other people in there.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

As others have noted, Brevard does not have many breakfast spots. We decided to give The Sunrise Cafe a try after reading the many positive reviews. Our breakfasts were very good and the coffee (many choices available) was excellent. Prices are quite reasonable offering excellent value. Staff are very pleasant and helpful. Downsides for us were the cramped seating and the plastic plates and utensils. Sunrise is obviously a popular breakfast and lunch destination, but we had to nearly crawl over other diners to get to an available table even at 9:30 on a Tuesday morning. Folks love to hang out to talk and enjoy coffee -- another indicator of a good breakfast spot. This also appears to be a hangout for college students even though we visited in July. We also prefer eating breakfast with real plates and flatware. Eating your omelet and breaking a plastic fork in the process is frustrating. The downsides for us may not be issues for most diners, but we agreed we probably wouldn't return given the noisy environment, cramped seating, and plastic plates/flatware. Recommended with cautions/reservations.

1  Thank Levannah
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Just arrived in town at hotel. Hungry looking for quiche, we ordered vegetarian one and then one with meat. Both very good. We took out since we had our doggie with us.