“Good solid local fare in attractive location. Great value.”
Review of Restaurant Cambray

Restaurant Cambray
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Teia
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Asking around for good midweek "menu" options several people had recommended Cambray in Teia. The location in itself is a good first selling point, located in a traditional Masia country house on the banks of the riera that runs through this picturesque village. The food lives up to expectations; it's hearty fare, traditional Catalan dishes with good portions served up in an attractive bustling environment. Despite rooms for dozens of dinners it fills up and lunch time and at the weekend with locals. The set menu is around 11 euros with a kids menus for 8 euros. I haven't tried the weekend set menu yet but at 18 euros it looks like some of the best value around. My only slight complaint would be that the glass of house wine on the menu really was borderline drinkable - but that can be easily solved by ordering a beer next time. It's definitely on our local "good options" list.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

The place has a convenient car park and ample terrace for summer. We were quite a huge group so we had our separate dining room. Service was good and efficient. 25 euros is probably overcharged but I think they have a weekend menu of 18. Maybe the organizers of the group supper overcharged us. We had an underaverage salad, some spanish jamon, chorizo and the like, a bit of cheese, escalibada toast with tomato, water, beer some wine and cava. As a main course I had cod with tomato beans and alioli. Good. Some other choices were lamb, and other meats.
Average desserts like lemon sorbet, catalan cream or frozen pies.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

I have been a few times to this restaurant for lunch, the food is good, is fresh not fancy home cooked type Catalan cuisine, service is very good and the prices are good too.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I've visited many times this restaurant and I've always got pleased of the food.
You can say it's the typical Catalan cuisine restaurant, but they've got all the extras you expect from a restaurant like this: free service of bread to spread with tomato, garlic and olive oil, long list of meat dishes, good quantities on any dish, efficient service, country-style decoration and environment, reasonably good wine of the house, etc...
I've also tasted their food for events and it's also quite good.
What's more, the prices are very reasonable according to the quality of the food.

Reviewed 26 January 2015

I frequently go to Cambray for their lunch menu. It is always fast, good, and cheap (€10), and there is lots of it. I would not call it 5 star dining, but the value is exceptional and it is my favorite restaurant in this area. The dining room can be very noisy when full. The building is an old "Masia". There is a patio area which is used for coffee after lunch, but lunch is not served outside.