All reviews new owners mussels looking forward to going back mixed drinks bar is open good vibes outdoor patio in town great weekend harvest cauliflower jonathan broth towels woods property community
Reviewed 3 October 2018

MY wife and I needed to find a place where we could stay for one night due to a wedding in the area. First off, this was the only place that didn't require a two day reservation, and they were very reasonably priced compared to other. All the staff were very polite and welcoming. The room was as pictured, clean and a very comfortable bed. It was a great day trip away from the kids.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Truly an oasis in the heart of Woodstock, both The Lodge and Harvest The Lodge never fail to deliver. Under NEW OWNERSHIP for over 2 years now, this place has come a million miles from what it once was. Not your mother's PineCrest, the Lodge's staff will work hard to ensure your visit will be a fantastic and memorable one! The staff here are always so very welcoming and accomodating! Their rooms are absolutely beautiful, the property is excellently maintained and there is also Harvest. Chef Samantha Fernandez creates the most delectable cuisine that has ever graced my pallet. The Lodge itself hosts a wide variety of eclectic musical acts, showcasing talent from both far and near at Woodstock's most intimate venue! Whether you're looking for accomodations, a scrumptious bite to eat or a fantastic night out in Woodstock with unparalleled good vibes, The Lodge is the place for you! Impeccable accommodations, accomodating staff, "to die for" new heated saltwater pool with overflow jacuzzi, incredible musical talent, food that literally melts in your mouth, I HIGHLY recommend the steak tartare, tempura cauliflower and the mussels.
Get here as soon as you can!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather F
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Haven’t been to Woodstock since I was a young kid in the late 60’s early 70’s and not much has changed and I love that.
I stayed in September and “The Lodge” is perfectly nestled in the woods.
The entrance (which is being worked on) can lead you to believe you entered the wrong way.
But once you drive past that, the cabins are perfect for the surroundings.
I stayed in one of the new cabins and liked the rustic feel. But it needs a small dresser, some place to put your stuff down besides a luggage rack.
The best part of it is the restaurant “Harvest” at the Lodge.
It’s a small menu but everything on it is 5 star delicious.
I was there for a week and tried almost everything on the menu and was not disappointed at all.
Steak, salmon, fish and the mussels. The broth for the mussels is so good you need a loaf of bread to get it all.
Everything is locally sourced and you can taste how fresh it is.
I enjoyed the outdoor patio, with a bottle of wine, vegan nachos and the tempura cauliflower is to die for.
“Harvest” at the Lodge was worth the drive!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Lizbeth F
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Spent a weekend at the Lodge in early September. Stayed in one of the renovated cabins and enjoyed the delicious food served at the Harvest. We had drinks and appetizers the first night. Ordered the tempura cauliflower and loaded nachos. Both were so delicious. It was so relaxing sitting on the outdoor patio with a bottle of prosecco. I couldn't stop raving about the two appetizers. The next night we decided to enjoy dinner inside. We ordered the mussels! I wanted to ask for a spoon to drink the broth. For dinner I had fish served over roasted corn and my husband had the steak. Everything is sourced locally and super fresh. Chef Samantha Fernandez is the real deal! What a lovely hidden gem in Woodstock. I recommend the restaurant highly. Perfect ending to a relaxing weekend. Pet friendly too.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Pros: good location, easy to walk to Woodstock, pet-friendly ($50 fee), parking

Cons: the room was very dirty/dusty, bugs/spiders in our room, cracks in windows/door frames, towels were grimy feeling, bedding had gross smears (looked like they hadn't been washed), area in front of most cabins is complete mud and the front porch area is filthy so there was no option to sit outside and enjoy nature, rooms share a very thin wall you can hear your neighbors conversations (we put white noise on the entire time we were in our room), bar/music is loud until late at night

Management was considerate when we had an issue with our shower, but overall I would not recommend this property. It was not clean or relaxing experience.

Room tip: Apparently some rooms are renovated, request one of those...but not sure if would solve the dirty sheets/towels/floors situation
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple