“Perfect birthday experience ”
Review of SILVIA

SILVIA
Ranked #15 of 33 Restaurants in Woodstock
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Description: Silvia reflects our vision of connecting food and people with back to basic cooking that is honest, sustainable, and inspiring. Our open kitchen with a wood fired grill and organic vegetable-centric pantry, reflect our commitment to GMO-free, locally sourced ingredients, sustainable farming and cruelty-free practices.
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

We chose Silvia for my birthday celebration - it turned out to be an excellent choice.

They have a chic design with a vibrant yet relaxed atmosphere. The staff was very attentive and the manager even came to say a personal hello and thank you for our patronage.

Food was amazing! We highly recommend the grilled haloumi appetizer as well as the venison and bibimbap entrees. The panna cotta was also amazing.

Highly recommend. The restaurant is a bit pricey, but we found it to be worth the premium.

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank SATraveller25
Write a reviewReviews (76)

Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

We had dinner at Silvia and it was wonderful. Everyone followed all proper safety protocols and we felt very comfortable. The cocktails were great, appetizers had the right balance of flavors, fresh ingredients and texture. The steak was perfectly salted and cooked just right. The noodles and mushrooms had the umami flavors. Dessert was great with the panacotta and pot de creme. Even our 6 year old loved it!

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank jtadelantar
Reviewed 3 November 2020

We visited the Catskills for the long weekend and decided to try this place. There was outdoor seating available but it's getting too cold for me. Indoor seating was far apart enough to feel safe during these crazy times.

Servers were attentive. Our food and drinks came quick. Everything was cooked to perfection and delicious. A bit pricey but it was for my mom's bday so I didn't mind so much. LOOOVED the seafood chowder, and basically everything I ate.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 26 October 2020

My husband and I had drinks here in March of 2020 before Covid took over and loved our cocktails! We decided to come for dinner when we returned in October 2020. We were seated on the deck next to a fire pit for warmth (not warn enough but that's not their fault do to regulation). It was hard to see the menu and our food, we kept having to use our phones. The food: I really wanted a steak but when I was told the 18oz strip was $81 and the 20oz ribeye was $91 my heart sank. I just couldn't do it, even though it was our anniversary. No piece of beef should cost this (I've been to some very high end Philadelphia and NYC restaurants so I'm familiar with high end prices) and the sizes were crazy to boot! What, no smaller option for smaller stomachs?!? Anyway I went with the smoked chicken which was good but not sure it was worth $29. My husband had the bibimbap which was fabulous! Service was okay, I had to ask for another drink after the server did not notice I was empty...twice. Minor but with these prices... Dessert was chocolate pots de creme, yummy but really you can't mess that up. They were sold out of two of the four desserts. I think we will skip here next time or just go for drinks again once the bars open back up.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

Worst service I've ever had. I booked a table for my girlfriends birthday tonight. We were seated at a table in the corner of the outdoor section that was on a considerable slant, but that would have been fine if we weren't treated like an afterthought the rest of the night. We ordered 2 apps, one came wrong. We ordered 2 entrees... instead of the chicken my girlfriend ordered, she got the trout. At this point we're told the chicken would take another 25 minutes. Just totally unacceptable for a restaurant like this. I know we're in Woodstock, but our waiter Josiah must have been really stoned even by those standards. Honestly one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had despite the food being good. They were aware it was my girlfriends birthday, and the staffs friends engagement at the table next to ours clearly took all of their focus. Very disappointing experience overall.

Date of visit: September 2020