The Barlow(Hudson)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnys thruwayfree breakfastyogurtpool and hot tubcomfortable roomthe breakfast areanice place to staystaying at this hoteleasy accessclean hotelstay there againconvenient locationnew yorkcoxsackiebestwesternhudsoncatskill
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I had a Outstanding stay at the Best Western at New Baltimore Inn, West Coxsackie, NY The staff was Friendly and very helpful. The room was very spacious and with the Jacuzzi was great and the value was worth it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Harry N, General Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear A5786EMraymondc
I would like to thank you for the great review. We are happy you enjoyed the suite with the Jacuzzi and hope you will be able to return to enjoy it again! We appreciate the fine rating you gave us.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I thought this hotel was overpriced for the quality and size of room. We only stayed because there was a block of rooms reserved for a wedding we attended. I wish I had taken the time to look at the area for something less expensive. The room definitely needs some renovation as the bathroom floor tile was grubby and lots of nicks and dings in the furniture and woodwork. The bed was pretty uncomfortable, very hard. The desk clerk was friendly and had a pleasant attitude and the buffet breakfast made the room a little more affordable. The front door of the hotel was difficult to find - I actually thought it was a back door. There is no bar or restaurant there.

Room Tip: There was a lot of noise in our first floor room from people on the second floor, so you might want to ask for second floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Harry N, General Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Jerseyjunior
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I am sorry you were so disappointed in our guest rooms. We actually completely renovated last year so it is disappointing to hear this. We appreciate the kind words regarding our staff.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

My room was a double queen. It was good sized and had ample chairs for me and the person with me. The bathroom was modern and clean and the TV worked just fine. In addition, the staff could not have been friendlier. They greeted me and offered many suggestions for places to go for dinner. The next day, they asked where we ended up going. Also, when I had troubleusing one of the key passes on an exterior door, they were on it immediately. Literally, I was not back in my room a minute before someone was checking it. Finally, though the NYS thruway runs quite close to the property, there was surprisingly very little noise. You really get the impression you are out in the country, of course, you actually are.
There are some nice, reasonable restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Harry N, General Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear SJJLP
Thank you for your rating. We appreciate your great recommendation of our hotel and staff. It is always nice to have guests acknowledge the great staff we have and the job they do! We hope you will be able to return the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

No issues with the room or beds, etc. But I came expected to have a working TV to keep my kids busy for a little bit, while I could then get some work done online. Because TV and internet were not working during the evening, I was not able to do any of that. I reported the issue, was told that the front desk was on hold with the cable company, but there was no follow-up regarding the issue, including at check-out, and no expression of understanding at the inconvenience this caused me. I would have rather stayed in a cheaper/smaller room at another hotel if I knew it would have working TV/internet.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Harry N, General Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear 331devendrat
Thank you for rating our hotel. I apologize if you felt our clerk was inconsiderate. We are in the hospitality business and would never want to neglect our guests. Unfortunately, with the cable out in the whole area the front desk was bombarded with phone calls. I am sorry with all the confusion he did not call you back.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Very pleased with the size of our room, cleanliness and maintenance. Room had a kitchenette, microwave and mini refrigerator- more than we needed for our stay. Desk staff was friendly, efficient. Most motels provide a one-use sized bar of soap; at this BW the bath soap was larger and actually lasted more than one shower. One complaint that I have - and which I have of most chain motels - is the quality of light in the vanity/bathroom areas. Shaving, makeup application requires brighter light.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Harry N, General Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi Bonnie
Thank you for your great review and rating. We always appreciate hearing from our guests as we try to offer the finest service our guests deserve. Thank you for your comments and suggestions to help us better facilitate that.
We hope you will return and stay with us again during your next kayaking trip on the Hudson!