All reviews pancake maker free breakfast microwave and refrigerator the beds were extremely comfortable overnight stay indoor pool business trip thruway hie wedding cereal clerk ny lodging hallway
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived in the area for a Family Reunion. Picked this Holiday Inn Express based on location. Boy are we happy we did! From the moment we arrived, it was proven to be a perfect choice. My mother is on oxygen and without even asking Michelle,at the front desk, gave us a room on a floor that was directly across from the elevator. No walking for us!
The attention detail is outstanding f The room is clean and filled with all you need. The free breakfast was GOOD! Plenty to choose from. Exercise room is small but more than enough choices. A small convenient shop, indoor pool, heck.. lollipops in the lobby for kids.
You won’t be disappointed!

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018

If you value your sleep find another hotel. The noise from highway traffic is insane. Also this hotel appears to have a major issue with moisture as there are dehumidifiers in all the passages and the hotel has a very miffy smell to it.
My biggest gripe however, it with the front desk and manager. I was charged a higher rate by hotels.com for the night than what the hotel bill reflected. When I inquired about this they told me I have been overcharged by hotels.com and that I should call them for a refund. I did this and the person assisting me at hotels.com called the hotel while I was online with them and the hotel agreed to pass the credit. I called the hotel thereafter to confirm this and they took my credit card details and email address. Over the following 2 weeks I have had numerous calls to this hotel with promises that a credit would be passed, but all to no avail. Complete lies! I could care less about the monetary differential but I will not tolerate their lies and deceit. I called IHG customer care and they are no better than the management of this hotel, so I will now avoid all IGH hotels like the plague.

Room Tip: The hotel is too close to the highway. Double glazed windows don't help either. Air conditioner units are as loud as the highway traffic
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2018

We were visiting the Hudson valley area and enjoyed our stay at this property. The property is well maintained and clean. Families with kids were enjoying the pool. The staff was attentive and courteous and the breakfast was excellent. Look for deals as the property is a little pricey for an Express site.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2018

I was raised in the Coxsackie-Athens area and was back in town for a visit after many years. I originally had a reservation at the Best Western which is very close to the Holiday Inn. Since I arrived a day early without a reservation, I pulled into the Holiday Inn on a Friday evening hoping I could secure a room on short notice. I explained to the clerk, Joseph, that I wished I could stay at the HIE for the weekend, but unfortunately I had reservations at BW for Sat and Sun nite. Joseph was so wonderful, and said I think we can work that out for you. HIE had some cancellations and was able to give me a room for 3 nites!!! He then called over to BW to get my reservation canceled without a penalty!!! Now that is service!! HIE is always my choice when I am traveling. The rooms are very nice and the beds comfy, and the breakfast is great! I truly enjoyed my stay here! And definitely will return! I've stayed at BW Coxsackie in the past, and I cannot give it a raving review, so thank you Joseph, for making my stay in Coxsackie a memorable one! Great accomadations are always a plus when traveling.

Room Tip: Good location, close to Albany. Right off the NYThruway Coxsackie exit.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I have stayed here before, and was looking forward to coming back with the same comfort and experience that I had last time. The beds are very comfortable, the breakfasts are consistently the same scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage/bacon, pancake maker, danishes, toast, cereal...I enjoy their gym since I normally have it to myself, and they have a nicely heated indoor pool.
Lewis at the front desk was wonderful, and so was Ursula, who runs the breakfast area. They would be your go-to guide if you have any questions. I wish the other gals at the front desk were just as welcoming. I stayed on the first floor, which I found to be very comfortable; though, one of the days I heard my hotel room door JOLT open. LUCKILY, I had the top lock (swinging door lock) in its place. I checked to see who was out there, but saw no one. I'm betting it was one of their shady maintenance guys that hang out at the first floors in the morning.
Overall, not a bad place to hang your hat for a short stay. My tip, just "double lock".

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business