TripAdvisor
All reviewspancake makerthe beds were extremely comfortableovernight stayone night staybusiness tripthruwayhieweddingcerealmicrowaveclerknylodginghallway
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Room 227 reeked. Room 229 had door latch that could easily be pushed open from hallway. Brought this to attention of management, including on holiday inn website and received polite blowoff response. Would never go back as I would fully expect room 227 to stink and the door on 229 to be the same. While we clearly communicated the issues, which were easily verifiable, we never received any indication the issues were acknowledged or remedied. Just the polite blowoff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Downiefamily5
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Our son recently was married near Coxsackie and this hotel was the headquarters for family and friends. This was an excellent choice for our son's wedding. The hotel staff are helpful and willing to give you great advice. Special thanks to: Lewis...the star at the front desk and Ursula..the breakfast manager!! Both of you made our stay extra special and memorable....our family thanks you!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jessica B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for such a great review of our staff! I have definitely passed it along, those 2 are such great employees and we would be lost without them.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Stayed here at the weekend whilst skiing in the area. Room was clean and fresh and the breakfast was basic but OK. Good value for money. Plan your restaurants before you travel. Not much close to the hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for a business trip. I did not have a reservation and chose the hotel based on the parking lot (not too full) in comparison to the Best Western (lots of trucks). My room had two queen beds, fridge, and microwave. It was clean, the water was hot, and the breakfast was good (veggie omelet tasted better than it looked). My room was quiet even though the location is so close to the Thruway. Staff were friendly!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2017

We stayed here on the way to and from VT. The first night was pleasant enough, except for the fact that the thermostat on the heaters is way off. The second night we got the room from hell. The door was missing part of the lock, and when I asked about it they said it would be fixed next week. The bed was old and saggy so you rolled into the middle. In addition the heater boiled us. I had the thermostat set at 65 and it must have been 80 in the room.

Take my advice, if it is cold outside set the thermostat way down. It seems counter intuitive but we were soo hot and it was 14 degrees outside.

It's strange that two nights in two different rooms in the same hotel could be so different, but beware not all rooms are equal in this hotel. To make matters worse we also paid more for the horrible room.

All the outside lights were turned off when we arrived the second night. We should have taken that as an omen and canceled our reservation and kept on driving. It was after dark when we arrived and it was very hard to get safely into the parking area without any lights.

I stay at Holiday Inn's becuase the beds are usually comfortable. Not all of them at this hotel are kept up to the standards kept by the brand.

The one bright item in both stays was the breakfast. It was clean and kept up nicely by the woman who works there.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear Carolyn C,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

We are very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received. I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. Please be assured, that we have noted and forwarded your comments about the heater and our service for the management to improve. In the midst of the inconvenience I am glad to know that the cleanliness of our rooms and the breakfast was still appreciated.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,