All reviews pancake maker free breakfast microwave and refrigerator the beds were extremely comfortable overnight stay indoor pool business trip thruway hie wedding cereal clerk ny lodging hallway
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Our son recently was married near Coxsackie and this hotel was the headquarters for family and friends. This was an excellent choice for our son's wedding. The hotel staff are helpful and willing to give you great advice. Special thanks to: Lewis...the star at the front desk and Ursula..the breakfast manager!! Both of you made our stay extra special and memorable....our family thanks you!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jessica B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for such a great review of our staff! I have definitely passed it along, those 2 are such great employees and we would be lost without them.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Stayed here at the weekend whilst skiing in the area. Room was clean and fresh and the breakfast was basic but OK. Good value for money. Plan your restaurants before you travel. Not much close to the hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for a business trip. I did not have a reservation and chose the hotel based on the parking lot (not too full) in comparison to the Best Western (lots of trucks). My room had two queen beds, fridge, and microwave. It was clean, the water was hot, and the breakfast was good (veggie omelet tasted better than it looked). My room was quiet even though the location is so close to the Thruway. Staff were friendly!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2017

We stayed here on the way to and from VT. The first night was pleasant enough, except for the fact that the thermostat on the heaters is way off. The second night we got the room from hell. The door was missing part of the lock, and when I asked about it they said it would be fixed next week. The bed was old and saggy so you rolled into the middle. In addition the heater boiled us. I had the thermostat set at 65 and it must have been 80 in the room.

Take my advice, if it is cold outside set the thermostat way down. It seems counter intuitive but we were soo hot and it was 14 degrees outside.

It's strange that two nights in two different rooms in the same hotel could be so different, but beware not all rooms are equal in this hotel. To make matters worse we also paid more for the horrible room.

All the outside lights were turned off when we arrived the second night. We should have taken that as an omen and canceled our reservation and kept on driving. It was after dark when we arrived and it was very hard to get safely into the parking area without any lights.

I stay at Holiday Inn's becuase the beds are usually comfortable. Not all of them at this hotel are kept up to the standards kept by the brand.

The one bright item in both stays was the breakfast. It was clean and kept up nicely by the woman who works there.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear Carolyn C,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

We are very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received. I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. Please be assured, that we have noted and forwarded your comments about the heater and our service for the management to improve. In the midst of the inconvenience I am glad to know that the cleanliness of our rooms and the breakfast was still appreciated.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. While I've stayed at a holiday inn express before, it's been a while. The HIE in West Coxsackie exceeded my expectations. Every with the pool closure, it was exactly what we needed for our gymnastics team and families to stay and relax. The rooms were extremely clean and fresh, Thebes's quite comfortable and the early morning breakfast buffet had something for everyone. The staff was friendly and accommodating; check in and check out was seamless. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you find yourself in that neck of the woods!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends