TripAdvisor
All reviewspancake makerthe beds were extremely comfortableovernight stayone night staybusiness tripthruwayhieweddingcerealmicrowaveclerknylodginghallway
Reviewed 25 March 2017

Stayed here at the weekend whilst skiing in the area. Room was clean and fresh and the breakfast was basic but OK. Good value for money. Plan your restaurants before you travel. Not much close to the hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for a business trip. I did not have a reservation and chose the hotel based on the parking lot (not too full) in comparison to the Best Western (lots of trucks). My room had two queen beds, fridge, and microwave. It was clean, the water was hot, and the breakfast was good (veggie omelet tasted better than it looked). My room was quiet even though the location is so close to the Thruway. Staff were friendly!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2017

We stayed here on the way to and from VT. The first night was pleasant enough, except for the fact that the thermostat on the heaters is way off. The second night we got the room from hell. The door was missing part of the lock, and when I asked about it they said it would be fixed next week. The bed was old and saggy so you rolled into the middle. In addition the heater boiled us. I had the thermostat set at 65 and it must have been 80 in the room.

Take my advice, if it is cold outside set the thermostat way down. It seems counter intuitive but we were soo hot and it was 14 degrees outside.

It's strange that two nights in two different rooms in the same hotel could be so different, but beware not all rooms are equal in this hotel. To make matters worse we also paid more for the horrible room.

All the outside lights were turned off when we arrived the second night. We should have taken that as an omen and canceled our reservation and kept on driving. It was after dark when we arrived and it was very hard to get safely into the parking area without any lights.

I stay at Holiday Inn's becuase the beds are usually comfortable. Not all of them at this hotel are kept up to the standards kept by the brand.

The one bright item in both stays was the breakfast. It was clean and kept up nicely by the woman who works there.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear Carolyn C,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

We are very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received. I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. Please be assured, that we have noted and forwarded your comments about the heater and our service for the management to improve. In the midst of the inconvenience I am glad to know that the cleanliness of our rooms and the breakfast was still appreciated.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. While I've stayed at a holiday inn express before, it's been a while. The HIE in West Coxsackie exceeded my expectations. Every with the pool closure, it was exactly what we needed for our gymnastics team and families to stay and relax. The rooms were extremely clean and fresh, Thebes's quite comfortable and the early morning breakfast buffet had something for everyone. The staff was friendly and accommodating; check in and check out was seamless. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you find yourself in that neck of the woods!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2016

We enjoyed our stay here! The bed is very, very comfortable - and the place was nice and quiet! We stayed for 5 days since my spouse had business in town. I felt like we had the place to ourselves since the week we stayed seemed like it hardly had visitors! But then again, what the heck do people come to Coxsackie for? Anyhow, the reception was accommodating, and very friendly. One of the days, there were freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in the reception area...the housekeeping does great, keeping everything in order, and consistently come around the same time to clean the rooms...Breakfast is what I always expect from the Holiday in, OK. There is pancakes in a minute machine...cereal, bagels, bread, cinnamon rolls - dry! Scrambled eggs, turkey sausages, gravy & bisquits...From an express, I will not complain. But, they do have fresh coffee with a selection of cream:) There are a few places around here to eat...We ordered in Chinese food from Dragon Garden - and they were pret-tay gooood...We also ordered from Paul's Pasta and Pizza - they were very good. My recommendation is the Godfather sub (oink oink oink)...I have to mention the seafood restaurant nearby - Red's....Delicioso! Overall, I am very satisfied with our stay. It was pleasant, relaxing, and quiiiiii-et!

Room Tip: I have a toddler and the room I had did not have any refrigerator or microwave...If you need those services, call ahead.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family