All reviews pancake maker free breakfast microwave and refrigerator the beds were extremely comfortable overnight stay indoor pool business trip thruway hie wedding cereal clerk ny lodging hallway
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Hubby and I wanted a hotel with an indoor pool and hot tub, a free breakfast, a microwave and refrigerator and a room with a couch and that's exactly what we got. What we didn't expect was breakfast until noon on weekends, a hotel staff that was super friendly and somebody always cleaning. The fall colors from our window were beautiful. The pool was a perfect temperature and they even had a beach ball to play volleyball with. Would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a family wedding just overnight so it is a little hard to review. The bed was comfortable but I did not like that a dirty (perhaps cleaning supply) washcloth was left hanging over the shower rod. The free breakfast was fair to good. My husband enjoyed the biscuits and gravy. I left something behind and when I called to see if I could have it shipped to me they told me they could not. I offered to leave my credit card I found to charge the shipping they told me I would have to mail an empty box with prepaid shipping and they would send it back. After telling this to the post office, they told me once you paid to ship it, they could not reuse shipping so not sure how that would work. The item was not high in value so I guess I'm just out of luck.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Jessica B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Good Afternoon:

I want to start off by thanking you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We take any and all feedback seriously here, good or bad.

I do apologize for the issue you had with your left item, if you would like to give the hotel a call I am sure that I can help resolve the issue, just ask to speak with a manager, and I would be glad to help you get back your items.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

The rooms were clean without issue. The bed were good and comfortable. We did hear a truck with his Jake brake once, but otherwise it was quiet.
The lady that runs the breakfast was great. She has a nice breakfast and seems there to help if necessary. We had a nice hot meal there.

Room Tip: Away from the exit on the back side to stay away from any sounds coming from freeway exit. Although the front was not bad.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel looks like it's new and the lobby was all remodeled. The check in staff was friendly but the room was not clean! There was dust all over the chair, lamps and walls. Cobwebs were all up the walls and the sheets had stains on them. When we arrived around 9pm, there was someone vacuuming in one of the adjacent rooms, which was odd. The rooms are not soundproof at all, as we could here the guests above us running back and forth (assuming it was kids) at 11pm and doors slamming at 5am. The room seemed like it was recently remodeled so I don't know what accounts for the dirtiness of it. The clincher was we booked queen beds but they were doubles. I asked at the front desk if they were in fact doubles and they said they were queens, so I measured it and sure enough it was a double. Sad! On the upside the staff was very friendly.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank cstldream
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Dear cstldream,

We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay. Thank you for your positive comments on our friendly hotel staff at check in and renovated lobby. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay was anything less than completely enjoyable due to the unacceptable cleanliness of the room, thin walls and bed size. I am sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to address these issues with the appropriate people and departments.

Thank you once again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We do hope that you will allow us to have the chance of serving you when travels bring you back to the area.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 September 2016

We stayed here overnight for a wedding nearby. It served it's purpose and was exactly what I'd expect from a chain hotel right off the highway. It was clean and fairly modern. We didn't used much of the facility but the breakfast area was spacious and the staff was friendly. One complaint was that it felt like the air in the room was very damp and the room had slight musty odor which made it uncomfortable for me to sleep.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room so you don't hear the people above you walking around.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Dear ResQLt,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the service provided by our staff and the cleanliness of our room. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with the smell of the room. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your feedback will be treated very seriously and we will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,