All reviews pancake maker free breakfast microwave and refrigerator the beds were extremely comfortable overnight stay indoor pool business trip thruway hie wedding cereal clerk ny lodging hallway
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

This is another very good location for a Holiday Inn Express. The staff is very helpful and welcoming. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast as always was good. The rooms are clean and there are no complaints

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2016

It's just the basics. Quick check-in but the room was noisy. You could hear the neighbors talking. Great access to the highways and they try with the fitness/pool and breakfast. But in the end it's just a highway hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear Mike N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We are happy to read you found our hotel location amenable for your needs. However, we understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered. We have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Zelyn N.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

We stayed at this hotel a couple years ago because of its strategic location adjacent to Western Massachusetts. Appears they are still not conscientious about maintenance details - our room door latch was not secure - some screws missing - and the deadbolt would not work. Bathroom sink drainage very slow. Also, probably due to their location, hotel was more expensive than most Holiday Inns. Next trip we'll try to drive a little longer to another area.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk if room has been checked for maintenance issues
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2016

Dear Eileen M,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to note that you liked convenient location of the hotel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that you were disappointed with room maintenance and bathroom fixtures. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you to tell us how we are doing and how we can improve our facilities.

I value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Good clean hotel with pool and 24/7 workout room. room are up to date by a little dimly lit. I would choose to stay again over the local boutique hotels that are available since I have a preference for newer more updated properties

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Dear Travelguy9945,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. There is no greater satisfaction as a customer service professional than receiving kind words from a valued guest like you. We are delighted to know that you found our hotel to be good and clean. Reviews like yours motivate us to work harder to continuously provide the best guest experience possible.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Joel A

Reviewed 7 May 2016

I was here on business for three weeks over two separate stays. Your choices are very limited in the general area and this is the best of what there is. This property is going through some much needed renovations. The common areas like the dinning area are being reconfigured so things are under construction at the moment and its a bit messy. I was warmly greeted at check in. Had the room I had requested a nice sized suite on the 3rd floor. The room had a wet bar with fridge and microwave. Large pull out sofa, nice bathroom, and comfortable bed. This is not a quiet property given its location right off the NYS T-Way. I was on the end closest to 87 and while I would not call the traffic noise loud it is noticeable. Sound proof windows cut out much of the noise. At night the HVAC drowns out nearly all the noise but you get the occasional truck pulling off at the exit using an airbrake and it wakes you up. Really nothing that can be done. Breakfast was OK and what you would expect at an HIE. The staff is really great particularly Vickie one of the GM's. She helped me out with an issue I was having with my wireless internet connection. Brought in an earth net cable for me to use which she got from home. That fixed the problem. Thank you again Vickie! There is not a lot of dinning options. There is a Tops grocery store near by, a full service Italian / pizza place, and a Chinese takeout. I ate at Red's a local seafood place one night and it was good. 10% off if you show your room key. Overall and average HIE which suited my needs. If I am in the area again I will stay here.

Room Tip: Try and get a room as far away from the NYS T-Way as you can.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Coxsackie, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Robert S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We’re glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and commended the service of our staff. On the other hand, we're sorry for the inconvenience for ongoing renovation during your stay. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Dianne L.