Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm

Book in advance
from
HK$360.77
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Darajani Bazaar
from HK$360.77
from HK$324.69
Stone Town Tour
5 Reviews
from HK$205.64
from HK$232.50
More Info
All reviews local market fruit fresh fish fish auction chicken mango locals shillings stalls souvenir dollars
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2023

Normally when I do a walking tour or stone town tour, I must bring my guests to Darajani Bazaar.
Because my guests can see a lot of things which are selling there like Spices/Fresh Fish/Vegetables/Beef and Tropical Fruits.
Darajani Bazaar it's open every day from morning around 8 a.m. up to evening time.
I recommend everyone to visit when you are in Stone Town.

Date of experience: September 2023
Reviewed 6 April 2023 via mobile

Great experience to see (and smell!) the hustle and bustle of a real African meat, fish and vegetables market. You can also buy your spices here. Especially the fish auction is quite special to observe.

Date of experience: March 2023
4  Thank Hermes_NL
Reviewed 14 March 2023 via mobile

I can call it fruit and vegetable market. Still you can many others like spices, nuts, stalls selling souvenirs and others. Mangoes, bananas and lichen are the main fruit products here. One piece of a good mango is 1099 shillings equal to 0.4 dollars, but this figure may get double or triple when they recognize that you are not local.

Date of experience: March 2023
7  Thank Abu_Firas_11
Reviewed 17 February 2023 via mobile

Nothing new to offer on any other of its type. Although the locals were very helpful in helping me navigate my local car rental, through its streets

I hasten to add that I didn't go there in a car on purpose. It was Apple maps

Therefore. Trust me in this. Do not drive in the town centre!!!

Date of experience: February 2023
Reviewed 27 January 2023

Darajani Bazaar, it's one of the markets which has more than one name - some of them they call Spice Market/Darajani Market, or Local Market.
Most of the things that they sell in Darajani Market are fresh. You can see a lot of fresh Fish and it's a good place to purchase spices.

Date of experience: January 2023