Hotels.com
1,060 results
All reviewsstreet foodseabreeze bartwo weekssea viewmain restaurantwave barsunset cruiseglass doortaba jdogs and catsplenty of sunbedstoilet and showerwrapslobster nightmauritian restaurantboat housespecial mention
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I was there with 4 couples more and the service started from the Front Desk with the Smile of Emilie.
Then amazing service From Sahaz the Head of Housekeeping who gave up an memorable and excellent service.

As they say the team is the image of the manager.
We got the chance to meet Kevin member of the management... amazing guy.

Vani sweet as vaniella who was our waiter at the everyday breakfast, lunch and diner...

David who is one of the best barman that we met during our holidays.

Robin at the Boat house... super guy

These 6 people create a huge memory of our holidays.

Will be back soon.

2  Thank Kate F
523guestrelations, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Kate,

Thank you for this glowing review of your stay at TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius.

I am delighted that you liked the hotel as well as the hospitality of our Family Members. I have shared your appreciations with all the team as a source of encouragement to continue the great work. They are happy to know that they contributed in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

Looking forward to welcome you back again very soon for another wonderful stay among us.

Vincent Comarmond

Reviewed 29 April 2018

We are 2 couples celebrating our joint 30th wedding anniversaries. We are about to go in to dinner on our last night here and can safely say that we have been treated to fantastic service by wonderful people throughout our stay. My best man and I are both former hoteliers in the mid to upper level of hotels in the UK and would have been really proud of our teams if they had delivered the levels of service that we have received here.
The resort, situated on a 'lagoon' of turquoise water, is relatively small but is so well designed that you keep discovering new bits. With 180ish rooms it is not too big. We booked sea view rooms which cost a bit more but it was well worth it, They are large, well set out with a Queen size bed and excellent shower. Unlike Faulty Towers, the sea view is right in front of you and only a few metres away.
The main dining room is comfortably big enough to seat all customers and it is clear that the staff work really hard to offer a different theme every day for both lunch and dinner. The inevitable buffet style was always superbly presented and there has been loads of choice for every meal. The food is fresh and tasty throughout.
There is a snack food area by the beach for lunchtime grazing of BBQ food and delicious noodle dishes.
Everyone has one night booked in the first week at no cost in the 'Culinarium' Restaurant for a bit of upmarket dining and can then book again if desired during the rest of the stay. The menu here is deliberately small but the food and service are very high quality. We had our celebration dinner here which was an absolute treat.

All of the above is available at many resort hotels but what really makes this one stand out for us is the 'family' of staff that work here; from the gardeners to the managers, everyone we came across was delightful, professional, knowledgeable and really, really friendly. We are not able to name all of the wonderful people who we have met here but our room attendant, Sadhna, Kosaal in the bar, Initsh, Yash and Akshay in the Culinarium are but a few that have stood out. Jesson in the concierge team is a mine of information and the go to person to get things done or booked, 100% reliable. We have also had the pleasure of meeting 2 of the most outstanding Hostesses that we have ever come across. They are Kajal and Ragini - you just want to take them home with you!
The resort has it's own sea activities which are much better than appear on the website. There are pedalos, Lazer sailing dinghies, windsurfing with lessons available and paddle boards. We went on the hotels own Catamaran day trip which was great and Francois and Ivan were superb and entertaining hosts.
Our ladies had a couple of treatments at the Spa which were fantastic and reasonably priced.
I'm late for dinner now so signing off.
In summary this is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view. 32 steps to the bar and less to the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan R
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

1 Towels on sun beds will be removed if unoccupied for certain time. No one keeps an eye this.
2 If you tip the bar waiters on your first day, they remember you, otherwise you are always at the back of the line regardless how many people are at the bar.
3 Why when men turn up at the restaurant in shorts in the evening do they have to change, but women go unchallenged, at least 4 every night.

2  Thank nigel1964
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We had the most relaxing weekend at Sensimar. My husband and me work at unsociable hours. We like to take the weekend off sometimes to a resort hotel to chill. It was our first time in Sensimar and we enjoyed every second of it. The staffs went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. One particular situation which I remember was when upon entering the Benitier for breakfast, I asked the girl accompanying us to our table for the reception's number (I thought it was 0 but she told me no) after giving me the number, she asked me if I was calling for anything in particular, I said that we wanted to book "kot nou" for dinner- although this restaurant requires a 24hr bookin. She told me she would look into- after 10 mins she came back to tell us that it was booked in our name. My point here is this person did not work at the reception or at the reservation counter, while her job was to get clients from the entrance to their designed table but she still went out of her way to make the booking for us. Sorry if we didn't catch her name, we are very grateful to her and everyone else. The staffs are very caring, room is very clean, the hotel is beautiful. Also, the location has the most beautiful sunrises...we highly recommend this hotel. We will be back!

4  Thank Dharshini B
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Dharshini,

Thank you for choosing TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius to spend your weekend and for recommending it so nicely to other reviewers.

I am glad that the hotel was up to your expectations and you enjoyed to the maximum your time with us. I have shared your appreciations with all our Family Members and they are happy to know that they contributed in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

Looking forward to welcome you back again very soon for another great stay at our resort.

Rubens Maureemootoo
Acting Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Just arrived home after spending 2 amazing weeks at the Sensimar Lagoon. Everything about the resort was great! The rooms were large and clean, beds very comfy. Lots of sunbathing areas and lovely pools. There is a no towels before 10am policy so my hubby got his first lie in bed on this holiday. We never struggled to find a sun bed. The main restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and supper with lots of choice and good quality, hot food. The other restaurant Culinarium serves supper only and the food is amazing. The chef actually came to see us and cooked us a couple of meals that we especially requested at no cost. A special big thank you to Nitish, Yash & Akshay. There are 3 bars on the resort and we spent most our time at the top bar near Culinarium. A special thank you to Sachin who really took care of us the entire 2 weeks. Evening entertainment good with talented musicians and on most nights. Lots to do on the resort or you can just relax and do nothing. The resort will organise trips for you but we hired a car for a few days and went off around the island sight seeing by ourselves. There are lots of things that make this resort special but it's the friendly, professional, generous staff that make it by far the best resort we have ever stayed at. We did not want to leave. Thank you everyone for making our holiday so wonderful. Sheree & Dean

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sheree C
523guestrelations, Manager at TUI Sensimar Lagoon Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear Sheree and Dean,

Thank you for choosing TUI SENSIMAR Lagoon Mauritius for your holiday.

I am glad that the hotel was up to your expectations and you enjoyed to the maximum your time with us especially the tailor made dishes that Chef prepared for you.

I have shared the your appreciations with all our Family Members as a source of encouragement to continue the great work.

Looking forward to welcome you back again for another pleasant and memorable holiday with us.

Rubens Maureemootoo