All reviewsroom was cleanthe breakfast areacomfortable stayski tripnext morninghunter mountaindidn't hear any noisenothing fancycerealthruwayskiinghits
Reviewed 29 July 2018

I usually don;t stay at Comfort Inns but chose this hotel since it was closest to where I needed to be the next morning. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the A/C worked well, the internet was good and they had a decent breakfast. I was a little worried about the NYS Thruway being so close, but they must have double-paned windows or something because I didn't hear any noise from passing cars and trucks.Worth a try if you're in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank bikerguy516
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience..

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We have been coming for a few years - visiting nearby in Roundtop. I always book with Larry - who is extremely kind and professional - he is a class act. Rooms are simple but very clean - also very quiet. Would always recommend. Larry and the staff is most accommodating.
Sarah

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you Sarah for your kind review. We hope you come back many more times
and it is always a pleasure to have great guests like yourself.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

The good:

Our room was clean. This is really the most important thing to me, especially the bathroom. The beds were fine. The room was tight for 4 of us, but it was fine for our short stay.

The not so good:

The price - when I looked at our bill, bit pained me to think that we paid that much for our room. It was a horse show weekend, so the prices were higher. The total for 2 nights was over $500. This is a budget, no frills hotel.

The towels at the pool are hilarious - smaller than a bath towel, probably twice as large as a hand towel. I think my pre-teen daughter used 4 to cover her body (including hair).

The OK:

We laughed as we noticed we were provided one washcloth for the 4 of us. We stopped by the front desk and got more without any problem.

The breakfast room was small. If you don't hit it at the right time, you won't get a seat. The food was decent, but limited (as expected for a budget hotel) - bagels, toast, pastries, cereal, eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles (which the kids liked).

The negative:

The air conditioning blowing on us all night. To keep the room at a comfortable temperature (it was hot outside), we turned down the air. The unit literally blew across the beds. It wasn't that we were cold, it was that we didn't want the air conditioner blowing directly on us. A unit close to the ceiling or another location in the room would be better.

Overall, our stay was ok. Our major complaints weren't something that management could do anything about, so we chalked it up to an experience. This hotel is not terrible, just ok.

Room Tip: There are only 2 floors. There was a crowd at the pool at night, so I'd avoid those rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

It was interesting reading your review.Thank you for it. As you stated your stay was fine and there was nothing further Management could do to improve the items you were concerned with. Please return when the Hits Horse Shows are not in town for a less expensive and less crowded stay.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

It seems that the rooms have been remodeled. Very clean and very close to the event we were at. The people were amazing and were receptive to all requests made. Such as first floor rooms etc. I think his name was Cliff ??
Above and beyond nice.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Michele H
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for all your kind remarks.
It is our pleasure to make sure your stay
is perfect in all ways possible.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Rude and mistreatment by manager and staff. Not understanding of children and discriminate against travelers with young children. We were being watched constantly and they look to get rid of us every chance they get.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Sby45
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

I am sorry you felt the staff was rude. We received many complaints from other
guests in the hotel that your children were disturbing them in many ways.
The reason you felt that we were looking to get rid of you was because you didn't control your children and because they were out of control running and screaming all day and night. Again I am sorry, but that kind of behavior is unacceptable.