“Budget Friendly Stay for Hunter Mountain”

Comfort Inn Saugerties
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Reviewed 15 January 2018

While all other hotels were charging exuberant up-charges for the MLK holiday weekend, the Comfort Inn stayed at a budget friendly cost. This property is about a 1/2 hr scenic drive to Hunter and right off of I-87 putting it in an ideal location for travelers. When booking this property you're not getting luxury and 5 star service- you're getting a comfortable room and continental breakfast.

The town of Saugerties had a small selection of bars and restaurants, all which were inviting and fun to hang out at.

The property itself is in fair condition. Each room has a fridge and microwave which comes in handy. Room doors do not close quietly.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your last stay with us over the holiday weekend
to ski Hunter Mountain. The only thing I would like to add is that we
always serve a complete hot breakfast ever morning to our guests.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

This a is a nice, clean quiet hotel. Friendly front desk... I've stayed here a few times when going skiing the next day. Room is comfortable and clean. Pool is nice. Breakfast is decent, nothing fancy. Only downside is the WiFi is poor. Very hard to connect. They really need to improve the internet connectivity. But otherwise it's a nice place to stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for your review. Please also stay with us when you are in the area.
Again...Many Thanks

Reviewed 31 December 2017

The room was OK but the small breakfast room was overcrowded and the selection was limited. We have stayed here before but next time I think we'll look elsewhere. We had to climb over thick ice in the parking lots. The wifi is free but it has no password, so I am not sure about security.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your concerns.
Yes the Breakfast room is not as large as you would like it, but
the hotel was built that way.The property was plowed after the snow storm but
sometimes you can not remove all of the ice .Since you have been here before
I hope you will consider us again for your next stay.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Rooms and beds were clean and comfortable
Breakfast was also good and included. .
Pool was clean and there was jets that eased your body. Very nice. The staff was very attentive to requests. I recommend this Inn if your in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank You !
It is our goal to make every guest feel special and
totally enjoy their stay.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Don't bother.

Over Thanksgiving, I booked a 4 day stay on line, found out they were unable to cancel and refund the last day. They told me I should have booked with them. Ok, fair enough, my bad.

Then, I booked a room for my daughter for two days at the hotel. Less than one hour after booking, I found out her travel plans changed and tried to cancel the reservation. Oh, so sorry, we have to charge for the first night. Really? The manager has no authority? Or, getting the room night count up is more important than a potential repeat customer.

I owned and operated a B&B for 7 1/2 years. We had a 4.9 Trip Advisor rating over that period. This type of customer service was not the way we worked.

On a side note, the coffee was weak, breakfast mediocre, and the spread on the bed was soiled.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

We are so sorry , but when you made these reservations on line
you were advised that they were non refundable for any reason.
That is why you received such a large discount on the price of the rooms.
In the future I would suggest if there is any chance of your plans changing
don't make a non refundable reservation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
0.2 km away
31.5 km away
Hotel Vienna
Hotel Vienna
#2 of 7 in Windham

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!