Comfort Inn Saugerties
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Red Ranch Motel(Catskill)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtthe breakfast areathruway exitski tripindoor poolnext morninghunter mountainwould stay here againnothing fancyflat screen tvnice staymotelskiinglinenshitsnyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2017

It is a nice resort but not that nice. It is a comfortable resort but not that comfortable. The room is fine but not that fine. In fact, if you sit at the table to read your e-mails, there won't be any place left behind you. The registering process took an eternity and nobody ever understood why. And we have been asked something like 149$ per night including taxes for that? I cannot believe that it is the best deal in town even though there was not a lot of alternatives close by. If we would not have been exhausted, we would have gone further down the road. Pretty sure that it is the latest time we will stop in this resort.

However, to be honest, we really enjoyed the inside pool and the breakfast was the standard Comfort Inn breakfast and we enjoyed it once again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pierre C
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

I am truly sorry that you were not pleased with our hotel.
We are not a resort and never claimed to be one.
I guess you were looking for a lower price budget motel,
but there is only one other hotel in Saugerties, NY to
choose from. i was happy to hear that you did like our pool and
breakfast. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

On Sunday morning, we called this hotel to inform them we would be unable to stay that night because rain from hurricane/tropical storm Nate was impacting our travel. That hotel does require extra notice to cancel, but who knew when we made the reservation that Nate would throw a curve ball in our plans. The desk clerk said he could NOT cancel for us (Choice Hotel gold level members for decades) because the manager was not there and would not be in until Monday (the following day). We called Monday and asked to speak with the manager to explain the situation and request a waiver, but the manager still was unavailable. Then we called Choice Privileges (38 min. wait for customer service). Finally we spoke with someone and were given a case number. The customer service representative, however, also was unable to talk with a manager to work out a solution. Today we saw that our credit card has been charged. Again we called Choice and waited about 30 min. to talk with a representative who thanked us for being Gold Members. She finally contacted the hotel and was told the Saugerties hotel would NOT remove the charge because the weather in Saugerties was not serious Sunday. Well, news flash, we were not in Saugerties. My husband asked to speak to a supervisor and after another very long wait was told that we still will be charged for a "no show". Choice Privileges, at this point, is unwilling to at least offer some extra points to compensate us for this. Another "upper" supervisor is supposed to call us later.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathleen B
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

I am truly sorry but we had a 24 hour cancellation policy. If your plans changed
we can not be responsible for that.
We had many guests arrive from all over the country and again the weather
was fine in Saugerties, NY

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed in July and had an overall great stay. Rooms were comfortable and plenty of towels and pillows were available.
The breakfast in the morning was nice to have (standard fare of juices, coffee, breads, eggs, waffles, etc). The front desk staff was very pleasant and parking was a non-issue, even though they were booked solid for HITS.
We're staying there again 9/12 for 5 nights - and although the cost is higher than the HoJo and other local hotels, it's truthfully nicer and you also get breakfast every morning.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about our hotel.
It was a pleasure reading them and we are truly looking forward to your
return visit.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Booked hotel through travel group that is mandatory with my company. Front desk would not add my Choice Hotels number because they said owner only will allow choice points if customer pays full rate. Ridiculous, this makes no difference to owner if I get points. I could have chosen hotel next door (same * level) at same price. I am loyal to Choice so chose Choice. Will not stay here again. Also...wifi stinks! I called front desk and he blamed me for having an Apple product...oh, thank God many people don't have Apple products.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Jstew21
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

I am so sorry but not all rate plan in the Choice Hotel System award program allow a guest to receive points. I am also sorry that you had a problem with your Apple product.
We supply a toll free phone help service to all of our guests. I'm sure they could have helped you if you called them.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This hotel is very expensive for the level of service and cleanliness. We paid the highest priced they could charge for our stay of $235.00 per night, and I knew the price going in, but I was expecting a clean hotel that warranted the price. It was not clean. The room floor had not been vacuumed and had dog food and debris on the floor when we checked in (and it stayed there all stay). The bathroom had the pink and black mold in the grout lines and between the wall and tub which indicated that it had not been thoroughly cleaned in quite some time. I complained at the front desk the first night, and they said the room would be cleaned the next day. The dog food and a hair clip from previous resident stayed on the floor and mildew was there for our entire stay of 3 days. Their remedy was to take $25 off the each night upon checkout. Still not acceptable. I travel to Saugerties every year with many other families. We thought that the Comfort Inn would be worth the high rate. I stayed in the Super 8 in Saugerties a year earlier for half the price and same level of cleanliness. I expected that paying more meant better quality, but unfortunately, this property give Comfort Inn a bad name, and I would have rathered save the money at the Super 8 for the service and status of the room. Very disappointed. I stayed there 3 years ago during construction and was not thrilled with the stay because they charged a high rate while the hotel was being worked on with noise and dust, but I chalked that one up to construction. There were no excuses for the lack of cleanliness this time, and I will not give it another try. Fool me once/fool me twice thing. Poor decision on my part.

Room Tip: Maybe don't stay in rooms where pets are allowed if you don't want leftover dog food on the ground.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lovin_the_tropics
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

We are so sorry you had a problem with your last stay with us.
You reported these problems when you were checking out. Housekeeping was not informed of any problems. It is possible that housekeeping failed. If so we are again saying we are sorry.
As a courtersy we did give you a $75.00 credit with no questions asked. A problem
should be reported at check in, not when you are leaving. WE could have
changed your room to one you were pleased with.
Our past reviews suggest that we are indeed a clean friendly place to stay.