“Do not recommend”

Comfort Inn Saugerties
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This hotel is very expensive for the level of service and cleanliness. We paid the highest priced they could charge for our stay of $235.00 per night, and I knew the price going in, but I was expecting a clean hotel that warranted the price. It was not clean. The room floor had not been vacuumed and had dog food and debris on the floor when we checked in (and it stayed there all stay). The bathroom had the pink and black mold in the grout lines and between the wall and tub which indicated that it had not been thoroughly cleaned in quite some time. I complained at the front desk the first night, and they said the room would be cleaned the next day. The dog food and a hair clip from previous resident stayed on the floor and mildew was there for our entire stay of 3 days. Their remedy was to take $25 off the each night upon checkout. Still not acceptable. I travel to Saugerties every year with many other families. We thought that the Comfort Inn would be worth the high rate. I stayed in the Super 8 in Saugerties a year earlier for half the price and same level of cleanliness. I expected that paying more meant better quality, but unfortunately, this property give Comfort Inn a bad name, and I would have rathered save the money at the Super 8 for the service and status of the room. Very disappointed. I stayed there 3 years ago during construction and was not thrilled with the stay because they charged a high rate while the hotel was being worked on with noise and dust, but I chalked that one up to construction. There were no excuses for the lack of cleanliness this time, and I will not give it another try. Fool me once/fool me twice thing. Poor decision on my part.

Room Tip: Maybe don't stay in rooms where pets are allowed if you don't want leftover dog food on the...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

We are so sorry you had a problem with your last stay with us.
You reported these problems when you were checking out. Housekeeping was not informed of any problems. It is possible that housekeeping failed. If so we are again saying we are sorry.
As a courtersy we did give you a $75.00 credit with no questions asked. A problem
should be reported at check in, not when you are leaving. WE could have
changed your room to one you were pleased with.
Our past reviews suggest that we are indeed a clean friendly place to stay.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

With the long established Howard Johnson's Hotel right next door for competition, I would have expected the customer service at the Comfort Inn to be better. Beware even if severe weather with flight cancellations causes you to not arrive as planned, your credit card will be charged for one night and Comfort Inn will not help you out at all.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

I am sorry that you feel we gave you terrible service because you didn't show for
your reservation. Next time I would suggest that if you have proof that your flight was cancelled you advise the hotel directly.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Usually, staying here has not been a problem. The staff is friendly, and the hotel is clean. During my last visit, the person in the next room was entertaining a loud lady friend. All night. Audibly. This is not the fault of the hotel at all, but you might think twice if you think it's going to be a party night.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank betsyb42
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

I am so sorry that the guest in the next room
was not more considerate about other guests in the hotel.
In the future no matter what hotel you are at,
call the front desk and report the problem.
The front desk will put a stop to the disturbance.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

We all know when you travel you never know what to expect,even though we had made reservations. But I was pleasantly surprised to find the Comfort Inn clean and bright. The breakfast area was a little on the small side but was fine.We didn't use the pool at all but it seemed very clean.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the opposite side of the freeways and interstates.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Peter L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Thank you for your great comments.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Room nice, but not too clean, on the frig and micro wave, we can write on them, a lot of dust, the frigo inside dirty, the sofa in the room with a big spot of ??? in the bathroom a long black hair in the bath and on the floor. The mirror in the room have a lot of spot. The breakfast, no orange juice and water, mentioned "refill" . Our room was on the back of the hotel and we see 3 mattress looking very bad there, what a view. Not our first time with Comfort Inn but this time, very disappointed. I will not recommanded it in this town. We were really surprised because it was just renovated.

Room Tip: not in the back, we heard the NYT (87)
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 102diane2017
Peter L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

We are so sorry that your room was not up to your standards.
I only wish you would have advised us so we could have changed and upgraded your room at no charge. Please give us another chance if you are in the area. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
0.2 km away
2.6 km away
Diamond Mills Hotel
Diamond Mills Hotel
#1 of 6 in Saugerties

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!