All reviews attached diner indoor pool the room was nice coffee maker would stay again nice stay hunter mountain sauna skiing festival hits
Reviewed 30 August 2018

This was a "renovated" room but done very poorly. Everything else was sold out. No breakfast included. Beds were very comfortable and location was ideal for us. Saugerties is evidently going through a resurgence and we enjoyed seeing so many people walking to the great shops downtown.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

ttomai914186,

Thank you for completing our guest satisfaction survey and sharing your experience. I apologize for the discomfort you experienced with with the toilet and we appreciate that you've informed us of a need to address housekeeping policies and procedures. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, and I hope you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next visit!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Although older looking inside common areas, the room was clean and bright. Beds were very comfortable and room was quiet. Did not hear other guests at all. Staff were all very friendly and although I didn't not see the pool my daughter stated it was clean.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

leeanndevito,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our high standards of cleanliness and were able to provide you a comfortable experience Howard Johnson by Wyndham Saugerties Hotel. We are truly pleased to learn that our team member provided excellent service to you family. We welcome you to visit our hotel again in the near future. Have a great day!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We visited Hunter Mountain and Katerskill Falls and this hotel was a perfect location for our weekend getaway. The room was nice and clean and bed very comfortable. The diner food was good. Pool was enjoyable and clean. Will visit again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

cintronmi,

I’m especially glad that you enjoyed the swimming pool and found your visit to be a comfortable and pleasant experience. We can't thank you enough for your five star rating of our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Had some of our wedding guest stay there. Each one of them paid for thier own rooms, 5 in total...I was charged also for their rooms and Howard Johnsons wont return my money! They are saying my guests were a no show when I have the receipts for 5 rooms that were booked by my guests. The managers there are very rude. Especially one Justin..who claims he is the one that gives refunds and good luck trying..General manager Mr Patel wont even acknowledge my phone calls..I will not give up fighting for my money, I work to hard for it. My bank has filed a dispute with them and my next step is filing in court. !

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dcclap65
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

dcclap65,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share this experience and we do apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you. Our main goal is to serve our guests above and beyond and satisfy them during their stay but it is saddening to learn that your expectations weren't met. You are welcome to contact us at the Hotel, should you have any other concerns about your stay. We hope that you would consider us again in the future so we may change your views about our hotel and management.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Thank you very much for your smiley hospitality and for being so patient and understanding when I checked out at 2 pm confusing the Check Out time with the Check In time. If you offer special deals since I do plan on staying 2-3 days on a monthly basis, I’d greatly appreciate it and would stay longer! Thank you once more!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear agarci508903,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay of Howard Johnson by Wyndham Saugerties Hotel. It is great to hear from you and I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff courtesy and have taken
the time to recognize the hospitality and care that we aim to provide for each and every guest. We're glad you had a great time with us and we look forward to serving you again.