“Good food... RUDE Service”

Emiliani Ristorante
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2017

We called in a reservation for a big party (27). We were told no problem, they could accommodate us. The wait staff was very rude, and the food took forever. As an example... We had three tables. One table took 2 hours to get their food. When we complained to the owner, he said "We have a small kitchen. I try to make good food. If you have to wait...too bad!" One of our group order chicken. The waitress brought out veal. The owner looked at it and said "No- this is chicken". Our person cut it open and clearly it was veal. He said "Is that ok?", she said "NO! I don't eat veal!" An hour later she got chicken... Another in our group ordered a steak well done. When it came, it was medium rare. She sent it back and said that she didn't care if they butterfly'ed it, but she wanted it well done. They took it back, and brought it back...still medium rare! She complained again, and the owner said "We won't cook it well done." And our girl rightfully said "You should have told me that when I ordered it well done!". Then they wouldn't split the checks. The owner's wife insisted that we pay by table. We had three tables of different families. Our group leader took the time to write down every item that every person had, and group them together to make 9 checks. The owner's wife started screaming!!! She kept refusing to split the checks! Another person finally stepped in and split them the right way, but overall, it took another hour to accomplish.
I will say... that out of 27 people, we only had two food related complaints. Everyone else said that their food was very good. But it certainly wasn't good enough to put up with the owner or his wife. I can not recommend anyone to go there.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Awesome food and service. Delicious menu choices and appetizers. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal appetizer and dessert

Reviewed 10 March 2017

This meal was pleasing from start to finish. Attentive service from the host, good choices of wine, and a varied menu. The stuffed mushroom appetizer was delicious and large enough for two people to share. Entrees were beautifully prepared and delicious- the Chicken Parmigiana was one of the best I've tasted, and the Mushroom Ravioli were delicious. Dessert and coffee choices were varied and pleasing, and we left feeling like we had enjoyed a very special meal. I drive past better known (and more crowded) restaurants in Woodstock to enjoy Emiliani's!

1  Thank Ron V
Reviewed 22 January 2017

We have been coming here for many years.The food is always excellent.served in a warm casual atmosphere.
Prices are very reasonable too and they allow BYO.

1  Thank tasdiwine
Reviewed 1 January 2017

Felt like having chicken parm for dinner. The sauce was very bland. I don't think the chicken could have been cut any thinner.