“Fabulous meal”

Annarella Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Annarella Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 80 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This was our third visit. The first two we were taken there by others celebrating an occasion. This visit we took our family that requested good Italian and were visiting from California. We all agreed the food served at Anarella’s is world class. Ambience lovely with fresh flowers on all the tables.Service warm, attentive and helpful. Food A+ and generous servings. All the courses, including dessert just wonderful. Annarella’s is definitely a destination restaurant. Highly recommend it and already looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Our reservation somehow got "lost" and we ended up seated in front of the entrance...not a great way to start the evening. Our table was too small for two adults...we put the flower arrangement on a pedestal behind my seat & had to be careful not to knock over our glasses or plates. Although my husband's octopus appetizer was superb and his scallops well prepared, my pasta w/ shell fish was not...for $26, I received an over-sauced half portion of pasta, w/ a few, small overcooked pieces of lobster and a single shrimp. I didn't want to finish it. My sautéed spinach w/ garlic came sitting in a watery bath of butter & oil and was inedible. Service was pleasant, although the waitress didn't know what after dinner drinks were available and my husband had to get up and go to the bar to select and pay for his drink. All this while a parade of customers are walking in and out of the restaurant, right in front of our table. Considering the fact that this is one of the most expensive restaurants in the area, we both felt let down. And losing a reservation made on line and confirmed by phone: that's a first.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We made a reservation for a late night dinner. When we called we were told the kitchen closed at 10pm and to get there quickly. We arrived a little after 9pm and the host greeted us "or you are the ones that just called." We were seated and was told our server would be right with us. We were not given menus? But they the kitchen closed at 10pm? We sat for 5 minutes, then a young gentleman came over and gave us tap water, no option to get bottled, which we normally purchase. Then noticed a server looking our directions, but still no menus. The host that sat us also looked over and then brought us menus - 10 minutes after we had been sitting there. Immediately a server came over and asked if we wanted to start with anything? Seriously just got the menus? She proceeded to tell us the evening specials. We ordered an appetizer to get going, as we knew the kitchen closed at 10pm. She returned a few minutes later, as we had closed the menus. We finished ordering dinner and wine. The wine took longer than it should because the bartender had to go downstairs to get it. When the bottle was presented it was offered to the gentleman (not the person that ordered it) to taste. Rule #1 - the person that ordered the wine is the one that tastes it. Proper wine service needs to be a training point that the owner/manager should address. At this point food was coming out (appetizers, salad course, then entrees) and we went about our meal. The food was nothing to rave about. The lemon chicken came with a pile of spinach that looked like it sat under a heat lamp too long. The eggplant rollatini which was an appetizer but also offered as an entree was over priced at $23 for 3 rolls! The dining room had 4 tables including us, with one that was obvious the owner sitting at, which were all bunched next to each other. In the middle of us eating our entrees a female brought a small white dog in. It was running around the bar and dining room - coming under tables (including ours). At one point the owner was holding it on his lap at his table again which was next to ours. I love animals, but not in a restaurant and especially when I am paying to eat there! We are both in the restaurant business and dogs (not service ones) in the dining room is a health code violation!

3  Thank flutterfly17
Reviewed 9 April 2018

My husband and I had a delicious dinner here Friday night. I had eggplant rollatini which was perfect and my husband had the best chicken dish he has had in a long time, lemon chicken. It seemed to be in the middle of nowhere but definitely worth the trip. Staff was very friendly and efficient

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We were here last December after our visit to the Hunter Mountain, obviously the mountain was a disappointment but not this restaurant. The lady who served us was quite patience and explained to me what i need to know. My husband ordered pan roasted salmon and it was amazing according to him since i do not like salmon whereas i ordered 16 0z ribeye which was cook medium well and to perfection. It was huge though, the salads served was delicious, and the bread are just awesome. So i would highly recommend this place although I am not really a fan of the lady whom owned the restaurant, she doesn't look friendly to us at all but was very friendly with everyone else that walked in. Her husband i believed was friendly. I like this place and if we are ever in town again some day then we would come back.