All reviews turn down service complimentary wine and cheese beautiful venue our room was spacious lovely balcony hudson valley monday night heated floors coffee and pastries light breakfast big pillows wedding parties sitting on the balcony folded nicely take turns playing in the background botique hotel
Reviewed 22 July 2018

It is pricey but so worth it. This is a classy hotel. Rooms were impeccable. Love the heated floors in the bathroom. The balcony overlooking the falls is beautiful even in the dead of winter. The front desk was accommodating and professional. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: book on line for discounts but they do not have a great refund policy.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Diamond_Mills_Hotel, General Manager at Diamond Mills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you for your review and we do appreciate you taking the the time to share your experience at
Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future..

Eugene Carey, CFBE

Reviewed 20 July 2018

The restaurant's food was really good; in both imaginative preparation and quality. The chef and his team are clearly masters of their craft! The table service is however awkward, amateurish and slow; the waitstaff's reaction time to requests is painfully slow. They brought a martini that was ordered halfway through the meal with the check as we were preparing to leave.

We had two of the pet-friendly rooms in the seperate annex building. It was a diabolically awful and degrading experience. The building is in a really run-down area near the hotel; the surroundings are beyond description! When we asked for the necessary items to make coffee in the morning we were told that the annex rooms did not get that (although the room prices are the same!). we eventually got a jug of milk and a minimal amount of coffee grounds in a cup!

The situation was slightly retracted from total disaster by room rate refunds and discounts, a gift card for part of our dinner and a massive number of apparently sincere apologies!

The apologies were always concluded with ... well / or so .......... (the person's name who committed the issue) is new and did not know how to handle ........... (fill in issue description).

To clarify ... I have dined at the restaurant at least 8 times ... however this was my first stay. In future we will stay somewhere else; that is a certainty!

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank davidwesleyt2018
Diamond_Mills_Hotel, General Manager at Diamond Mills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thank you for your review and providing us with feedback from your stay. First and foremost, I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience here at Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern. We take all complaints very serious, and because of your experience we will now provide coffee and further enhancements to insure a better guest experience at our Apartments.. I would like to welcome you back for a complimentary one night stay in one of our King Deluxe rooms. Please let me know when I can make the complimentary room arrangements for you, and again my sincerest apologies for your previous experience.

Eugene Carey
Diamond Mills Hotel

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Stay away unless you want to be sleeping on a bed infected with bugs (see pic). There were at least 30-40 bugs on our bed - who knows if they even clean the sheets before we checked in?!?!

BUT it gets worse!! We tried to reach someone at the front desk for 45 min and no one is to be found. We ended up putting towels over the sheet to sleep on since there are no extra sheets in the room either. Front desk finally called back at 1am complaining that they were unable to answer to us due to DEMANDING guests from a wedding party. At this point, we didnt want to wait another hour for someone to come change the sheets and went to bed instead.

We surfaced our concern to management and they could care less about the situation. Perhaps this is a frequent issues for them. They again stressed that they had to deal with demanding guests from the wedding hence customer service is lacking. But if they knew it would be a busy weekend, shouldnt they be better staff?

They offered a discounted rate in the future and a 10% the tavern bill. What a joke! You honestly couldnt pay me to come back and camp with bugs again!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
8  Thank Bonnie P
Diamond_Mills_Hotel, General Manager at Diamond Mills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Bonnie P.

Thank you for your review and and providing us with feedback from your stay. First and foremost, I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience here at Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern. We take all complaints very serious, I want to assure you that we have procedures and standards in place to ensure the comfort and safety of all our guest.

With regards to your concern about potential Bed Bugs after a thorough investigation with our Pest Control Partners no evidence of Bed Bugs was found.. While some Hotels have had this problem, this is the first incident that I have ever heard of at this property. However we do take proactive steps to make sure that each and every room is free of pest of any kind. We hire a professional pest control service called Craig Thomas to inspect rooms and would be informed immediately of any issues, we did not have any before your review and we have not had any to date.

Our linens are sent out to be professionally laundered in extremely hot water, using antimicrobial and disinfectant soaps and chemicals. Our Housekeeping team also does a visual inspection of all the linens before they are used in a room and would discard anything that did not look 100% perfect.

I hope the above helped to address your concerns. I would be happy to discuss with you further, so feel free to call or email me at any time. I would love to welcome you back to Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern with our compliments for a one night stay in one of our King Deluxe rooms. Please let me know if I can help you arrange that.

Sincerely

Eugene Carey,CFBE

Diamond Mills Hotel
25 South Partition Street
Saugerties NY, 12477
eugene@diamondmillshotel.com
(845)247-0704

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Diamond Mills is a truly beautiful venue for a wedding. The deck and the waterfalls really add to the wedding experience. We had 136 guests attend my daughter's wedding and we opted for the Tavern area which we really liked. The problem with Diamond Mills is that they promise one thing, but deliver another. Before the wedding we told them the type of beer we wanted served. They ran out of several brands very early. I had to tack down a manager to get the bar re-stocked with a brand we didn't order because the bartenders simply said" We are out of that kind of beer" .
They also nickel and dime you on added expenses. The weather was a little iffy. So we inquired about a tent on the deck....$1,000 extra. We had the actual ceremony on their premises...$5 to set up a folding chair....that was an extra $680 just so our guests could sit during the ceremony.
We paid extra to have the bar stay open until 1:00 am. We got pushed out of the place around midnight.
The food was OK....the service during cocktail hour and dinner was OK......but the little things left a bad taste in my mouth.
I will say however that Bethany is a real professional.....and a nice person. I wish she could have been managing the wedding the entire evening

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jfandl
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The venue is beautiful but do NOT sign a contract with this place for an event unless you have had a tasting. If you dont enjoy their overpriced pretentious food and poor service, you might want to go elsewhere. If you have already signed a contract will keep your $2000 deposit even if your event is a year away. Totally unethical business! Shame on them!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family