All reviews indoor courts private lesson hot tub clay courts hard courts wine and cheese party round robin saturday night great weekend healthy food chef dan cherry hill clean towels the tri state area great instruction culinary institute can't wait to go back
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I have to say You get a lot for your money with Total Tennis . I went up from NYC and was there by car in 2 hours and spent Friday to Sunday morning . It was total immersion into tennis with great instructors and felt like I was back at camp again .
Food was very good , accommodations rustic and comfortable and the scenery was breathtaking . Was tired every night early from a great daily workout . My game was instantly better on arriving back home and playing with my at home group .
I would come up here 3 to 4 times a year as my weekend getaway with the added bonus of upping my tennis game . You will not be disappointed if you go .

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
17  Thank gemmett2017
Edward F, Director at Total Tennis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

So glad you enjoyed your stay at Total Tennis. We are completing a major renovation which includes upgrades to 24 guest rooms, a new Pool & patio and resurfacing our outdoor & indoor courts
Hope you can join us again soon

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a great place especially if you play doubles, not as much for singles players. (Though it is hard to fault the place; there are 4 participants to 1 instructor so it would be hard to gear it to singles). If you are intermediate or above do not expect to improve your skills; the emphasis is on drills more than instruction, but if you love tennis (and I do) I can almost guarantee you will have fun.
The accommodations are minimal. We paid extra for an "updated" room which had not been updated in at least 5 years, so I would never try the regular rooms. There is no wifi or tv in the rooms. They are relatively clean, you are given clean towels, (though we had to ask for extra), the bed is straightened but the room is not cleaned again while you are there.
I have been going for the past 3 years, and while the food is still good, I would say the quality has gone down (it was outstanding my first 2 years). There is little to do at night; a cash bar and a small attempt at bingo, but after a full day of tennis and good food an early bedtime is fine.
There is a pool (not heated) and a hot tub. I can highly recommend the massage therapists (extra charge), I had 2 different ones over my visits and both were excellent.
I have only gone in summer and we were lucky with the weather, never had to use the inside courts, I am unsure if they are air conditioned though.
Overall I would go back again, just wish they would really update their accommodations and try a little harder to gear some of the program to singles.

Room tip: pay extra for the Rose cottage, quieter and comfortable beds.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank ChanNJ

Thanks for your review

We are in the midst of a major renovation which will be complete by the start of the outdoor season at the end of April

We have completely renovated 24 guest rooms in the Main Lodge, Cherry Hill and the Center Cottage. All of the 25 indoor and outdoor courts are being resurfaced and we are building a new Pool & patio

Live music is planned for Saturday evening after dinner

Hope you can join us

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This place is Awesome! The tennis program is as intense as you want it to be, depending on your level of play. It's like an adult camp, but they have programs for kids as well. The food variety is delicious, farm to table by the expert Chef Dan. New people are always welcome but many guests, like my sister & I, have been coming to Total Tennis for over a decade. The mountain views and secluded location make for a wonderful getaway. I would definitely put this on your TO DO LIST.

Trip type: Travelled with family
20  Thank Sherry S

Sherry
Thanks you your review. I hope you can join us this year and enjoy all of our improvements. We have renovated 24 guest rooms, resurfaced the indoor & outdoor courts and our new Pool will be open by the end of April

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Going to Total Tennis is like going to adult sleep away camp. The accommodations are fine but a bit rustic, just like camp. The focus is on tennis...10 hours a weekend group lesson and 30 minute private lesson. Trust me, if you listen and apply what you learned, you will get better. Cocktail hour and excellent food make this adult camp a notch above. The pool was fine but a bit cold. I will be going back again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
18  Thank njagold

Thanks for you review. We are in the midst of a major renovation at Total Tennis of 24 rooms, resurfacing of ou indoor & outdoor courts and a new HEATED Pool

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I did a three day stay and had great food, plenty of tennis with our excellent coach Luis, and a totally memorable time with new friends. Even though I signed us up for "singles" weekend (which I cluelessly thought meant a focus on singles tennis!), there was a great mix of all types of players and personalities which made this one of the most fun times we've ever had. Yes the rooms are pretty dated, but we loved the whole Adirondack lodge vibe. And we were really impressed at the variety and quality of the food (chef Chris studied at the Culinary Institute), which was always fresh and interesting, with lots of vegetables, salads and entree choices. The Saturday night disco party with Goldie was really fun, mostly due to the willingness of the guests and great staff to let loose.

I will say that after over 15 hours of tennis over three days we needed a few days to recover, which means we really got what we came for. We'll definitely be back next where we're in NY next year!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
18  Thank CongoLarry

Thanks for your review of Total Tennis
I hope you will join us this year to enjoy the many improvements we have made at Total Tennis. We have renovated 24 guest rooms, resurfaced the 5 indoor courts and will do the same for our 20 outdoor courts this spring. Our new outdoor heated pool should be ready by the end of April