“Great get away weekend from NYC”
Review of Total Tennis

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saugerties
Total Tennis
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I have to say You get a lot for your money with Total Tennis . I went up from NYC and was there by car in 2 hours and spent Friday to Sunday morning . It was total immersion into tennis with great instructors and felt like I was back at camp again .
Food was very good , accommodations rustic and comfortable and the scenery was breathtaking . Was tired every night early from a great daily workout . My game was instantly better on arriving back home and playing with my at home group .
I would come up here 3 to 4 times a year as my weekend getaway with the added bonus of upping my tennis game . You will not be disappointed if you go .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
17  Thank gemmett2017

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is a great place especially if you play doubles, not as much for singles players. (Though it is hard to fault the place; there are 4 participants to 1 instructor so it would be hard to gear it to singles). If you are intermediate or above do not expect to improve your skills; the emphasis is on drills more than instruction, but if you love tennis (and I do) I can almost guarantee you will have fun.
The accommodations are minimal. We paid extra for an "updated" room which had not been updated in at least 5 years, so I would never try the regular rooms. There is no wifi or tv in the rooms. They are relatively clean, you are given clean towels, (though we had to ask for extra), the bed is straightened but the room is not cleaned again while you are there.
I have been going for the past 3 years, and while the food is still good, I would say the quality has gone down (it was outstanding my first 2 years). There is little to do at night; a cash bar and a small attempt at bingo, but after a full day of tennis and good food an early bedtime is fine.
There is a pool (not heated) and a hot tub. I can highly recommend the massage therapists (extra charge), I had 2 different ones over my visits and both were excellent.
I have only gone in summer and we were lucky with the weather, never had to use the inside courts, I am unsure if they are air conditioned though.
Overall I would go back again, just wish they would really update their accommodations and try a little harder to gear some of the program to singles.

Room Tip: pay extra for the Rose cottage, quieter and comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank ChanNJ
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This place is Awesome! The tennis program is as intense as you want it to be, depending on your level of play. It's like an adult camp, but they have programs for kids as well. The food variety is delicious, farm to table by the expert Chef Dan. New people are always welcome but many guests, like my sister & I, have been coming to Total Tennis for over a decade. The mountain views and secluded location make for a wonderful getaway. I would definitely put this on your TO DO LIST.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
20  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Going to Total Tennis is like going to adult sleep away camp. The accommodations are fine but a bit rustic, just like camp. The focus is on tennis...10 hours a weekend group lesson and 30 minute private lesson. Trust me, if you listen and apply what you learned, you will get better. Cocktail hour and excellent food make this adult camp a notch above. The pool was fine but a bit cold. I will be going back again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
18  Thank njagold
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I did a three day stay and had great food, plenty of tennis with our excellent coach Luis, and a totally memorable time with new friends. Even though I signed us up for "singles" weekend (which I cluelessly thought meant a focus on singles tennis!), there was a great mix of all types of players and personalities which made this one of the most fun times we've ever had. Yes the rooms are pretty dated, but we loved the whole Adirondack lodge vibe. And we were really impressed at the variety and quality of the food (chef Chris studied at the Culinary Institute), which was always fresh and interesting, with lots of vegetables, salads and entree choices. The Saturday night disco party with Goldie was really fun, mostly due to the willingness of the guests and great staff to let loose.

I will say that after over 15 hours of tennis over three days we needed a few days to recover, which means we really got what we came for. We'll definitely be back next where we're in NY next year!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
18  Thank CongoLarry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
29.6 km away
3.8 km away
Comfort Inn Saugerties
Comfort Inn Saugerties
#4 of 6 in Saugerties

Been to Total Tennis? Share your experiences!