All reviews four poster bed steam shower cookie cutter eggs benedict antique furniture sitting room victorian style old world charm front porch chain hotel complimentary breakfast room was large charming hotel fresh fruit congress park in town within walking distance
Reviewed 21 June 2013

An old lady but has class! Free breakfast though not a big selection! Clean room, good value around Saratoga Spring! No fitness facilities as this is an old building. Friendly staff. Great location situate at the door of the town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Spent a night at the Inn at Saratoga last week while visiting colleges with my son. It's a small, simple place, but the front staff was friendly and the location is right on the main street downtown. Walking distance to many restaurants and other entertainment including the Opera House. The room was large and the beds comfortable. A continental breakfast was included in the semi-elegant dining room. There is also a bar that we did not use, but looked inviting.

The combination of cost, comfort and location was excellent. We would stay here again, and probably will.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Owen M
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The Inn at Saratoga is located on the southern end of Saratoga Springs' business district, within easy walking distance to much that this charming little upstate city has to offer. The inn is comfy, with large rooms and an impressive breakfast in the morning. It could use some updating, however. Both beds in our room had saggy mattresses, the wallpaper was peeling a bit and some furniture was a bit worn.

It's a nice place that needs a little upkeep.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
tias, Manager at The Inn at Saratoga, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. Your points are well taken and we are currently addressing them as we are undergoing a major renovation. We have already completed some areas of need and currently have a major order for new, period style furniture. Other areas of need will be done at times that do not cause any inconvenience to our guests. Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I really liked this hotel. Not your cookie cutter type place, but quite nice. Relaxed, fresh and clean. The room I stayed in had been recently remodeled. While nicely appointed there were a few things that were just "off". (Who was responsible for furniture decisions and placements?) In the bedroom, there were beautiful window treatments and an amazingly beautiful 4 poster bed. However the bed was so high, I found it quite difficult to actually get onto the bed! (I am 5'8" - granted, not as spry as I once was) I finally pulled up the desk chair and was able to climb onto it to get into bed. A small step stool would be helpful The bedside tables were standard height, so the bottom of lamp shades just managed to clear the mattress. Way too much furniture in the room and placed in useless places. An second small room as you entered could have easily been set up as sitting room had they not place various pieces of furniture there and hung an ironing board on one wall and a random lamp (the type you usually would find mounted next to a bed) hung 7 feet high on the opposite wall. Could barely get in the door since they had placed a desk in front of it as you walked in. Was the furniture placement left to the housekeeping staff????? (I confess I moved a few piece around.) [TIP: spend the money and hire a decorator - you don't need to spend more on furniture, just get someone who knows what they are doing help find the right places for your more than adequate pieces.] One more thing: what seemed like interesting pictures were hung along the hallway - who could tell?- they needed to be lowered about 8-10 inches to put them at eye level for your average height adult. (Does Saratoga Springs have a basketball team that summers here? Between the bed and the pictures, I am seeing a pattern.)

In the bathroom, which was quite large, they had installed a home depot type bathroom sink cabinet - ugly and very low - crowded into a corner of a large room. A free standing sink would be a huge improvement. A new window curtain had been added, but they left the old frilly lace curtain at the top - make a choice!

The bed was comfortable, the room was clean - so it works fine for a night stopover. If someone cared - this place could be a gem. It has the elements, just needs someone to pull them together.

Room Tip: If you are very tall, you will love 348!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CherylNS
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I had never been to Saratoga Springs. Friends of ours (The Band Sirsy) were having a CD release party at The Putnam Den, so I looked up all of the hotels in Downtown Saratoga Springs. When I called the Inn at Saratoga, David was very friendly and informative, so based on that, the good reviews, and that it was cheaper than The Holiday Inn across the street, I decided to book the night. The hotel room was very nice, especially for the price. My wife and I decided to eat dinner in the hotel restaurant before the show. It was one of the best dinners we have ever had. We split the raviolis and the brisket - AMAZING!

Companies that spend a ton of money on customer service training should just send their employees to observe David or Michelle at the front desk of the Inn! Outstanding service!

My only suggestions: The carpet in the hallways and elevator need updating - they looked clean, but worn. The hot breakfast was very limited (but it was included, so it's tough to complain) - I love Eggs Benedict, but many people don't - it was a strange egg product to have as the only egg choice in a buffet breakfast, and no bacon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julesofnile81
tias, General Manager at The Inn at Saratoga, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you very much for your review of The Inn. I have personally thanked our kitchen staff, David and Michele. I also wanted to let you know that The Inn has many renovation plans for 2013, and all public area carpeting is one of them. We have already replaced the carpeting in The Tavern with hardwood flooring and are very pleased with how it looks.