Winter Clove Inn
B&B Lounge of Catskill(Catskill)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
  • Pool
  • Pool
Blackthorne Resort(East Durham)
All reviewsbowling alleyfront porchindoor poolfamily reunionhiking trailslarge living roomfamily get togetherthe main housethree meals a dayvideo gamesgolf courseold schoolcatskill mountainson premisesswimming holefriendly mannermenu choices
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I went on a solo 4 day trip in late fall. It was freezing out but I loved my stay. The water wall and bridge nearby were perfect for small walks, the indoor pool was wonderful for morning swims, and the atmosphere was just so cozy and comfortable.

I LOVED the decor of the room. A lot of the appeal of this place was the Victorian era inn, and they really maintain the integrity of that through decoration.

It was very convenient having meals served, and my waiter was wonderful. After a day of being there he would have a cup of hot water ready for me because he knew I drank tea with every meal.

The nearby hiking trails were also very convenient. Overall I loved my trip and I will definitely try to come back (hopefully when it is it warmer out!)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Wintercloveinn, Owner at Winter Clove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Greetings,

We are very happy to hear that you had a relaxing fall getaway and thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Lenore W

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Was a little concerned about some of the negative reviews, but I realized right away why some my hve had a problem here. This is one of the olest operating inns in the US. of course it's dated. If you want modern, find a holiday inn. The king room was charming. Food was included nd though nothing fancy, it was well prepared and very good. The four poster bed was huge and comfortable. The hotel was clean and yes dated, but that was a GOOD thing. Very quiet with no TV in room. Indoor pool was available, s was gym. Lots of trails and outdoor things to do. Not for those looking for a hopping nightlife, but perfect for a quiet getaway. Great for a couples vacation too. Modern, spacious bathrooms were clean. Thebbar on premises was reasoable and hosted a low key, friendly crowd. I will go again.

Stayed: November 2017
Wintercloveinn, Owner at Winter Clove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your recent stay at Winter Clove Inn and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We take great pride in our history and being a place where people can escape the grind of everyday life and enjoy old world charm and relaxing atmosphere of Winter Clove and it sounds like that is exactly what you did.

We hope to see you again soon.

Lenore W.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

It has been several years (early 2000s) since my family’s last stay at Winter Clove. We had been regulars in the 60s and 70s.

There have been some very notable improvements since my last visit. The now have a very nice exercise room in the main house as well as a beautiful intimate bar with fireplace right off of the main house veranda. Meal choices we excellent and well prepared.

But above everything that is new, Winter Clove continues to be a fantastic property with some great walking and hiking trails, beautiful views and countless waterfalls and streams.

This is a great family resort where the younger ones can safely go exploring, the parents can relax and the entire family can play and eat together. The amenities are countless.

It also a romantic setting for couples or friends with several quiet hiking spots and great places for a quite and secluded picnic perhaps with a nice wine.

Great staff and hands on owners. Start a great tradition for your family. Go visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Wintercloveinn, Owner at Winter Clove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at Winter Clove Inn. Thank you for mentioning some of the improvements we have made since your last visit as we are constantly working to improve our property and ultimately the enjoyment of our guest. We hope you will not wait so long for your next visit to Winter Clove.
Lenore

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We are very happy with the Winter Clove Inn. We (a Norwegian couple in our sixties) are rather picky as for accomodations, and we greatly enjoyed our stay. A large, rather rambling facility full of charm and old-fashioned atmosphere. Just perfect for hiking in the Catskills, all kinds of lovely paths in the woods and on the hill tops. Lot's of outdoor activities, a good swimming pool, a nice and rather rough little nine hole golf course on the property. Friendly and helpful people at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Wintercloveinn, Owner at Winter Clove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Greetings,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Winter Clove and taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take in the natural beauty of the Catskills. We hope to see you again soon!
Lenore Whitcomb

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This is a magical destination.

From the moment I stepped foot into this sweeping estate, I felt at home. I loved the people - warm and friendly and genuinely kind - staff and guests all-around - and I loved the ambiance - warm, cozy, and peaceful - a getaway from the pollution and the mundane, the Winter Clove Inn was like stepping back in time. It hosts spacious rooms with cherry-wood floors and dressers and old-world photographs and paintings; it also has WiFi and a television in a large family room and a piano and a beautiful dining room and many more things than I can remember to include here.

I love the location. It's nested in the hush of green mountaintops. The enveloping landscape invites a lot of hiking, retreating, and recharging. The beauty surrounding and the beauty of the inn itself is so breath-taking and embracing that pictures don't do it justice. Additionally, It affords you the opportunity for several hiking trails on-site, at least two pools (one inside and one outside), an exercise room, bowling, and several nearby activities like horseback riding.

When it was time for me to head home, I was sad to leave. I will certainly look to return as soon as opportunity knocks. A big thank you to everybody - the staff and owners and the guests - of the Winter Clove Inn for making this experience a magical retreat and a paradise.

Room Tip: book two or three weeks in advance to get the best rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Wintercloveinn, Owner at Winter Clove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Winter Clove Inn and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We take great pride in being a destination where families and friends can come together to relax and recharge while reconnecting with each other and nature and it sounds like this is exactly what you did.

We hope to see you again soon.

Lenore Whitcomb, Owner