“Such an apropos street name for this delectable destination! :-)”

Hartmann's Kaffeehaus
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Round Top
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Open Easter thru Christmas. See website for seasonal schedule. Fresh and delicious homemade European pastries.
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Have frequented several times since I was a tot. Happily, its food -- both amazing European pastries and hot & cold sandwiches & salads -- has remained a delicious constant. We also found the wait time a tad long, but, c'mon folks, how many of us are NOT vacationing when we're here?? We had fun laughing & chasing each other back to our lodge, Riedlbauer's, after, and burning off some of those delectables. (We also special-ordered a small birthday cake & it was delicious and enough for nine!)

1  Thank Goodmanri

Reviewed 24 December 2017

I've been coming here since I was a kid. It is delicious, clean, warm and inviting. My favorite is the linzer tarts. Everything is great!

2  Thank Lauren A
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Ordered a bunch of different pastries and bought them home to my family. Everything was fresh and delicious. Looking forward to returning the sit down for breakfast or lunch

Reviewed 18 November 2017

If you're in Round Top, or anywhere remotely near Round Top, no excuses - you HAVE to visit Hartmann's. Even if it's just to run inside and get a box of their delicious little pastries. But if you do find the time to stop for breakfast or lunch, you will not be disappointed. They make classic American diner dishes but they also have a couple of wonderful German specials like the Bratwurst platter and Braunschweiger liverwurst. The German potato salad they make is the best I have ever eaten - better than most places in Europe too.
I think what I like the most about Hartmann's is that nothing changes here. It's still the same as I remember it from when I was a little boy, and I've even heard 80-something year old women recount how the place hasn't changed at all since THEIR childhoods. Now that's something special and I think things here should stay that way. Don't fix what ain't broke!

3  Thank SJMcGuire2
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Like coming her for the baked goods. Often, what I want is not available so it might be better to call before driving long distances. What always gets me is the rudeness. E.g. today, I walk in and three separate staff did not greet me in any way. Then after I paid for my purchases there was never a thank you. I've been to Austria and Germany and I can tell you that this is not typical. Almost makes me not want to come in. Is it so hard to be polite to the people who support you?