All reviews german beer nice family family owned and operated place to stay hiking trails can't wait to go back new york wiener schnitzel rathaus dancing festival wendy weekend bier accommodations brook singer
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We've been there 5 times and will keep coming back . We were just at there 2 weekend festival and are coming back for next weekend . Awesome place and such a nice family . The food is great as is the live music. Wish we would have found this place years ago. Clean reasonable rooms with AC and TV , swimming pool and Jacuzzi and such a friendly accommodating staff .

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stew S
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival, we were so excited to see all the events going on in the music in the background. The children had such an amazing time they didn't want to leave the food was well priced and very delicious that's if we could get the kids out of the pool wonderful and friendly staff truly a gem in the mountain, comfortable and quiet accommodations,can't wait to go again next weekend!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank familyFunNY12
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Had planned to stay for two nights at this resort since they were having a 2-day German festival. When we arrived we were taken care of by the owner, a woman who was not friendly at all and who didn't even make eye contact with us. When I asked if she took American Express, her curt answer was "only if I have to". She was definitely a tough type of a person - not at all welcoming. We were given the key and drove the block to our room. The front door of the room faced the exhaust fan of their restaurant and we were going to have to smell the exhaust and look at their soiled mops hanging to dry for two days. Right next to our room were 12 porta-potties they had set up for their festival and the room was 20 feet from the main stage of their festival (she had told us that music would be going to about 1:30am in the morning but no mention that we'd be 20 feet from it). We were already turned off by all of this but when we entered the room we were literally shocked. Filthy, dingy, super old 1960's furniture that was all scratched and chipped, some with giant hunks of wood missing. (The owner later said to me "Sorry you don't appreciate antiques") which left me speechless and laughing. The chairs were soiled, the carpets were filthy and very soiled, even the window A/C was 50 years old. It was disgusting, so we immediately went to the desk and asked if she had anything else. She answered that she did have, but also said, ""you won't like it, since the room I gave you was actually one of our better and newer rooms. That was enough for me and we did received a full refund. I will never go back to stay at this place although they do have a separate restaurant/beer house down the road that is actually very good. Of course we now had no place to stay so we went to the Winterclove Inn right down the road and we got very nice accommodations at a fair price. I'm writing this from the beautiful front porch of the Winterclove and can already highly recommend it. As far as the Crystal Brook resort, however. don't waste a nickel of your money.

Room tip: My best advice is to stay elsewhere.
1  Thank BobM914
Joseph H, Owner at Crystal Brook Resort & Mountain Brauhaus, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

I am very sorry you had a bad experience, I will talk to my mother and address the issues, thank you for the feedback. The experience you describe is unlike one any of our other guests have had and I will ensure it is addressed promptly

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We didn't stay here but did have Father's Day Dinner here and it was excellent. The atmosphere was just as I remembered when I lived in Germany for 2 years. The food was great except the spatezel I had which was fried . We meet the owner and she was very pleasant and accomdating. You get plenty of food for the money. We would drive here again..took us a little over 2 hours but we enjoyed it that much.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank barbara73146nj
Reviewed 30 May 2017

A quick historical history on the NY Catskill Mountains; first it's a beautiful country/mountainous area where for over 60 years New Yorkers and NYC dwellers spent their summertime vacations. (now an all year vacation resort area). So, they always, and still do, had the Italian, German, Irish and Jewish "Catskills", all separated by regional town areas. The German Resorts were around Green County, NY and mainly around the Round Top, NY area, as is Crystal Brook Resort & Mountain Bauhaus.
Now, we have been to many of the Catskills Italian and Irish Resorts and here's our first time review of a Catskill German Crystal Brook & Mountain Bauhaus Resort:
GO THERE FOR GREAT FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT AT A REASONABLE PRICE

• The lodgings at Crystal Brook were super clean and not fancy/modern but very comfortable. We had easy access to Wi-Fi too. The grounds were very comfortable to include a pool, hot tube, volley ball, bocce, etc.
• The meals were awesome, what a surprise at Sunday breakfast, they added a super buffet table of extra foods for our long return trip home.
• The table settings for our dinners were delicately quaint and professional; nice china settings and white tablecloths. And our waiter was very nice and accommodating.
• The main house has a very inviting and warm with a lounge area, fireplaces ,bar and seating for afternoon or dinner lounging or evening fun.
• The Mountain Bauhaus is a separate public access building across the street that is designed as a rustic German beer hall with great music and food menu, plus an array of German draft beers and good reasonable food. The bands for our stay; The Cabaret Dup, The Adler's German Band and DJ/Singer Paul was great for listening or dancing. Note; the music played was for some German waltz's or pokers, etc. as well and any modern day dances. Now..... after you had a great time dancing and or drinking you can walk back, about one short city block in distance, to your room. Check their web site for upcoming festivals and events.
• The area and grounds around Crystal Brood was very countrified filled with hiking trails and within a very short distance beautiful waterfalls and mountain creeks.
• Wendy of Crystal Brook was our host and treated us royalty as first-timers. She's a good dancer too. if you see her at the Mountain Brauhas you may be lucky enough to dance with her.
• Should mention; there's a lot of men & woman dancer's at the Mountain Brauhas that can make easy dancing partners'; the new dance etiquette for men or women is just ask " would you like to dance?", (doesn't need to be complicated, ask me too, just say to my wife " can I have one dance with your partner?"). We all love to dance!

Room tip: Balcony or ground floor, what ever you like
Date of stay: May 2017