A quick historical history on the NY Catskill Mountains; first it's a beautiful country/mountainous area where for over 60 years New Yorkers and NYC dwellers spent their summertime vacations. (now an all year vacation resort area). So, they always, and still do, had the Italian, German, Irish and Jewish "Catskills", all separated by regional town areas. The German Resorts were around Green County, NY and mainly around the Round Top, NY area, as is Crystal Brook Resort & Mountain Bauhaus.
Now, we have been to many of the Catskills Italian and Irish Resorts and here's our first time review of a Catskill German Crystal Brook & Mountain Bauhaus Resort:
GO THERE FOR GREAT FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT AT A REASONABLE PRICE
• The lodgings at Crystal Brook were super clean and not fancy/modern but very comfortable. We had easy access to Wi-Fi too. The grounds were very comfortable to include a pool, hot tube, volley ball, bocce, etc.
• The meals were awesome, what a surprise at Sunday breakfast, they added a super buffet table of extra foods for our long return trip home.
• The table settings for our dinners were delicately quaint and professional; nice china settings and white tablecloths. And our waiter was very nice and accommodating.
• The main house has a very inviting and warm with a lounge area, fireplaces ,bar and seating for afternoon or dinner lounging or evening fun.
• The Mountain Bauhaus is a separate public access building across the street that is designed as a rustic German beer hall with great music and food menu, plus an array of German draft beers and good reasonable food. The bands for our stay; The Cabaret Dup, The Adler's German Band and DJ/Singer Paul was great for listening or dancing. Note; the music played was for some German waltz's or pokers, etc. as well and any modern day dances. Now..... after you had a great time dancing and or drinking you can walk back, about one short city block in distance, to your room. Check their web site for upcoming festivals and events.
• The area and grounds around Crystal Brood was very countrified filled with hiking trails and within a very short distance beautiful waterfalls and mountain creeks.
• Wendy of Crystal Brook was our host and treated us royalty as first-timers. She's a good dancer too. if you see her at the Mountain Brauhas you may be lucky enough to dance with her.
• Should mention; there's a lot of men & woman dancer's at the Mountain Brauhas that can make easy dancing partners'; the new dance etiquette for men or women is just ask " would you like to dance?", (doesn't need to be complicated, ask me too, just say to my wife " can I have one dance with your partner?"). We all love to dance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1960, The Crystal Brook Resort and Mountain Brauhaus has been a family-owned and operated resort. Remaining a favorite destination for generations of families and friends. The German-American cuisine is of the highest quality to satisfy the most discriminating palate. Come take in the beautiful scenic soundings on a relaxing family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Crystal Brook Resort & Mountain Brauhaus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crystal Brook Mountain Brauhaus Hotel Round Top