All reviews the main house new owners hiking trails lawn games roasted chicken fire pit pool table natural beauty short walk great weekend my boyfriend tavern volleyball hike property winter escape
Reviewed 1 November 2018

Just a hop skip a jump out of the city, and you will be nestled amongst the beautiful fall leaves, waterfalls and Mountains of Upstate, New York...This tastefully renovated Inn is quiet and done to perfection. Minimally furnished Rooms with a Cozy dining room where you can choose to eat family style or steal away to one of the private tables and then have a cognac by the Fireplace. Just across the way is the great little Tavern where you could grab a drink and sit in front of a roaring Fireplace. Hike in the morning on one of the adjacent trails, and experience the beautiful Waterfalls. Nicole and Greg are savvy and lovely hosts that get it...P.S.You must try the Roasted Chicken...Fantastic...we had a very large group and customer service was spot on...

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Spent the weekend at this wonderful Inn. Weather was rainy but that didn’t stop us from having a great time. We walked in the rain to all of the water falls. Always an aroma of fresh baked goods throughout the hotel. Room was very comfortable and clean. Bar in the main building was quaint. Get a drink and sit in front of the wood stove in the sunroom. Across the street is the “tavern” with a wonderful fireplace and large bar. Liz the bartender was terrific. Very attentive. We had a wonderful time and can’t wait to get back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2018

I had the pleasure of spending at weekend at Glenn Falls House with my boyfriend, our little dog and some friends. We had a fantastic time. Our room was in the main house with wonderful views of the changing fall colors. The property has a number of waterfalls which are a short walk or "hike" away.

The food at the restaurant was delicious from breakfast, lunch and dinner. The pancakes are a must try! The service can be a bit slower than what you may be used to in the city - but isn't that the point? :) Sit back, relax and enjoy yourself in the meantime.

The tavern was also a highlight. It is right across the street with a number of fun bar games like pool and cornhole as well as a firepit in the back. They also serve delicious cookies and brownies there. The entire staff treated us like family with warm smiles to greet us and they were very accommodating. We can't wait to go back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Emilie L
Reviewed 15 October 2018

The new owners are trying to create an upbeat, updated hotel experience by renovating and revitalizing the current buildings and I applaud their effort. However, it's apparent they are new to the hotel business and what they are missing the boat on is great customer service and basic hotel amenities. Our "renovated" room was a big disappointment. We only had two towels, no soap or shampoos, no hair dryer and only a little rack to hang our clothes. The room was super small, the bed was old and felt like I was going to roll right out of it every time I moved. The curtains were sheer and cheap. I asked the owner for more towels and soap, which I was promised would be delivered, but never appeared. We had to drive into town to get hand & body soaps. The hotel feels super hipster and doesn't gel with the surrounding culture which is very family friendly and rustic. Overall I was disappointed with my experience and think it's overpriced for what you get.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CD4life
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Some friends and I spent a long weekend up here this fall and I can’t speak more highly of our experience. The hotel sits on a massive property of hiking trails, waterfalls, and hidden bits of breathtaking natural beauty.

The rooms are simple, but quite comfortable with everything you need (and none of what you don’t) to unplug for a weekend away from the city.

There’s a groovy tavern on the property with live music, a fire pit with s’mores, and tons of people just chilling out. We spent the weekend playing games and getting to know the staff - who were all super friendly.

One tip - the property seems to be under new ownership and it is clear that they are making a ton of renovations and updates to the place. Be sure to book a room in the main house, where they’ve already updated the rooms a bit.

Trip type: Travelled with friends