All reviews the main house new owners hiking trails lawn games roasted chicken fire pit pool table natural beauty short walk great weekend my boyfriend tavern volleyball hike property winter escape
Reviewed 28 June 2016

My family just held our50thfamilyreunion here and it was wonderful. The accommodation are a bit rustic, but the food is home cooking family style. There is a tavern on the premises as well as softball field, tennis courts, and shuffleboard.
They also host specialty weekends. A hike to the falls is also a nice excursion.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Liz C
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Glen Falls House is my family's favorite vacation. My Grandson age 11 who has been to France, Germany, Scotland and Turks and Caicos to name a few says Glen Falls House is his very FAVORITE!! For many years we have family/friends reunion and we are never disappointed. We were very close to the original owners Ruch and Debbie ( who passed away after a long and courageous battle with cancer) we love and miss her. Rich, who is an outstanding handsome guy still lives close by and we try to visit him when we are there. Maria and her husband Rich took over the place and they are doing a fantastic job. The cook is as good as you could find and they are always updating the place. Its still my very favorite place also my Grandson's. See you in July.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank upatdark
Reviewed 21 October 2015

This was our first time at the Glen Falls House and we will definitely be back. We have been visiting this part of the Catskills for many years but had never been there in the fall to see the foliage. When our regular resort was booked, I found Glen Falls. The owner, Maria, was so helpful and accommodating. She placed all my family members (married couple, older children and my mother) in rooms in the same hallway in their main house. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, heat worked well. The smell of bacon in the morning was so enticing! The meals were outstanding and the waitresses attentive and friendly. The "hub" of the resort is their tavern. Lots of fun activities going on there in the evenings from karaoke to horse racing. A pool table and video games kept us entertained. They also have ping pong, volleyball, horse shoes, handball and a baseball field on the premises. Lots of nice hiking trails nearby and the mountain view behind the resort is gorgeous as are the adjacent water falls. We will definitely be going back next year!

Room tip: Main house rooms were comfortable and quiet.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Peggy S
Reviewed 24 September 2015

First of all this place is immaculate. Our bathroom looked as if it had been remodeled right before we arrived. Water pressure in shower was fabulous! Our room was cozy a/c worked great and there were plenty of thick fluffy towels. Food was delicious and plenty of it. Staff was very friendly and efficient. I loved the short walk to the on site waterfall and swimming hole. Wonderful place for kids,huge tennis courts,volleyball and shuffleboard. Pub bar is right across the street with reasonable drinks,pool table and pin ball . Overall we had a great time and will definitely return with family members.

Room tip: Stayed in the Main House where wifi is available . Nice seating area in lobby after meals.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2015

My family and I were not able to visit because after numerous unanswered phone calls, with messages left on their answering machine, with no return call and emails we gave up and visited somewhere else.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank rccruise
Jonathan P, General Manager at Glen Falls House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Hi,

We just want to let you know that we're under new ownership and things have changed quite a bit. We hope you will give Glen Falls House another try!

Jon