Winter Clove Inn(Round Top)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgerman musichiking trailsoutdoor poolmeal timesgolf driving rangebasketball courtbeer gardengreat familygrounds are beautifulhot tubinternetplaygroundtennisgamewoodsfixtureswinter
Reviewed 7 August 2017

My husband found this place online. We were visiting friends in Round Top and just needed a room for the night. After reading the reviews online, my initial thought was okay well it's just the one night. I read that there was no TV, no internet, no wash cloths in the room. Those must have been some older reviews. We stayed in Alpine House Room 6. It's on the second floor of the building. Yes the rooms are dated and the beds are not the most comfortable I've ever slept on but it was very clean! There was a TV in our room and I was able to connect to Wifi with no problem. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom (which seems to have been recently updated) and the room itself is very large with a lot of floor space for our two girls to play - not that we needed to be in the room because there was so much to do on the hotel grounds. They have an indoor pool and an outdoor pool, volleyball, basketball, shuffleboard, a large playground area, a ton of places to hike and nearby golf. I'm sure there was more but we didn't have much time to explore. There's also a beer garden on the grounds! We chose the option to have breakfast with our room and it was delicious. There's no menu to choose from only the option that they offer that day (we had pancakes, eggs, toast, bacon and cereal). The pancakes were some of the best I've ever had! There is the option to get all three meals with the room but we weren't in the area for long and were spending time with friends but my understanding is that they serve a great family style German dinner at night!

Our room was quiet and very clean. The grounds were expansive and also very clean. Lots for the kids to do! We would definitely come back again!

Room Tip: Alpine house is a little further away from the action of the beer garden but close to the playground. Not a lot of parking though.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole P
Reviewed 14 June 2017

My best friend Gary found this place while searching on the web for things to do in the Catskills. Well he found it all here at Riedlbauers. Hiking,(a great Falls View Hike) Golf Range. Next to the Great outdoor bar with food. Pool, indoor and out. Can go on and on. The rooms CLEAN. The people who work there are so friendly. The woman at the desk was Great! The young ladies who served us breakfast every morning were the BEST! The woman who cleaned our room was friendly and did a Great job. Oh! Shout Out to the crew back at the outdoor bar. Great Job! Everyone treated you like family. Will be back for sure.

Stayed: May 2017
3  Thank canman78
Reviewed 20 February 2017

had a great time at Riedlbauer, the rooms were simple but very clean, the staff was lovely. It was super convenient to have a reasonably priced restaurant on the property for dinner and breakfast, though the menu is a little limited. Even in the winter the grounds are beautiful, took a nice hike to an overlook, saw a little waterfall, and they even had sledding for the kids and a nice pool and jacuzzi. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Ingrid S
Reviewed 15 December 2016

Best family resort in area. Kids can play all day inside and outside while you relax. Food is outstanding, beer ice cold, 2x per week party at Golf Range, live band, shrimp, clams. Rooms all different sizes, cleaned daily. Walk trails, bring bikes, enjoy summer in Catskills. 2 hours from NYC.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank sdesimonex
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

My family and I have been staying at this resort for 3 years... Every August! We love it... A lot to do!!! Very family oriented!!!! Scenic, beautiful.... Relaxing.... A+
Will continue to come to this resort!!! Perfect place to get away and just relax....

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family