Riedlbauer's Resort
B&B Lounge of Catskill(Catskill)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
Winter Clove Inn(Round Top)
Blackthorne Resort(East Durham)
All reviewsgerman musichiking trailsgolf driving rangeindoor pool and hot tubbeer gardengreat familygrounds are beautifulinternetplaygroundcourttennisgamewoodswinterskiingaccommodationsscenic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed with several couples for their cabin fever weekend.Meals were good,people were friendly and easy to get to.Went to windham skiing and tubing(about 20 min drive).It's not a five star luxury hotel-its a quaint rustic feeling german themed family run resort.Rooms were clean and large.Simple menu.Pool and hot tub were great after skiing and tubing.Had dj sat nite.My first time.and would go back again.They do have other weekend events so look at calendar.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank brighteyes67
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Somehow Diana doesn't get it.. Riedlbauers is not your modern resort. It's a resort run by a caring family who makes friends with the guests, and tries their best to make certain you have a great time.

I was on a motorcycle trip through the Catskills, and had been to Riedlbauers years ago.. I decided it might be just the thing I needed to truely relax.

Lemon for your tea? How hard was it to take the 4 wedges out of the cup? Really..

Riedlbauers offers a comfortable, quiet (no phone, no TV except in the main building, no WIFI except in the main building) and clean stay, with 3 wonderful meals a day for less then the price of dinner at a lesser resort. It's a full American plan stay - everything you need is there, and if you don't see it - ask, they'll try as hard as they can to make you happy. Henry (the owner) goes out of his way to meet and get to know each guest. He makes you feel welcome and as part of the resort family.

I was going to stay one night originally, but switched to two as soon as I got there. A friend came the 2nd night, not quite "getting it" at first, but after about 4 hours he said he was going to come back at the next motorcycle trip we have planned for the Catskills.

Dining "family" style is a treat - instead of not having anyone to talk to, you have a table of friendly people to get to briefly know and interact with. There are guests (hi Arty!) who have been coming for decades, as often as every weekend. The owners plan events for both kids and adults, but never force them on you - they offer them, encourage you to participate, and make you welcome if you do.

Suitable for families with children, adults needing to get away from it all, couples, singles - really doesn't matter. Just reset your expectations of a glizy motel room to a welcoming warm environment and you'll be very happy.

BTW - the food is hearty German cooking (meatloaf on Thursday night was outstanding!) served family style, unlimited refills - don't go when you're on a diet. Good German beers are available in the small friendly bar on tap, as is convivial conversation with both other guests, staff and some local people who stop by.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Henry and his staff made sure of that.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank Don E
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My family and I had a fantastic time at this resort from July 2-4, 2012. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful (Henry, Ursula and Anita) at this family run resort. Our room was large and clean and the the food was outstanding - terrific home cooked German style meals. We loved the pools (both indoor and outdoor) and the hot tubs. We utilized both the tennis and basketball court (which are both in good shape), as well as the shuffle board. My kids loved the playground too. We didn't have a chance to explore the hiking trails since we were with friends staying outside of the resort during the day, but will next time we visit. Over all it was a great experience, we will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Nucleozoid
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My stay at your resort over Father's Day weekend was somewhat disappointing.
First off the food: The coffee was not hot (room temperature), milk should never be left out for a long period of time like it was. I asked for lemon for my tea which was served in a tea cup and they cut the lemon in 4 wedges. Where did they want me to put the water as I usually leave the lemon in the cup. There was no accommodations for a vegetarian (non meat eater) like we were told there was when we called to make the reservations so we are forced to eat what is on the menu and the food was way too salty.
Rooms: The room had a lot of bugs in it and that is because the cleaning person leaves the door open while cleaning. The rooms were never sprayed to prevent bugs. I was not happy that my personal stuff that I left in the bathroom was rearranged. The beds are too small to accommodate a person of 6' or taller. The way the bed was placed in the room you hit your head on the windowsill. The fitted sheet did not fit correctly as it kept coming undone.
Lounge area: This was even more shocking as I was trying to watch the Yankee game on Saturday I was watching ants crawl on the walls, and floor as well as getting bit by one while I was sitting in the white recliner.
The bell: There was no notice in my room as to what and when the bell was rung for. I found out through other family members about this.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Diana U
Reviewed 9 May 2011

This is one of the best places I've been to in the catskills, The service is great
The music and games were so much fun. I loved the outdoor sauna. The food was very good, and this German family is wonderful they make you feel like you've known them all your life. I would highly recommed it. It's good for the young and the not so young. They
have something for everyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family