All reviews german music hiking trails golf driving range indoor pool and hot tub beer garden german style great family internet playground pools court tennis game woods skiing accommodations scenic
Reviewed 9 May 2011

This is one of the best places I've been to in the catskills, The service is great
The music and games were so much fun. I loved the outdoor sauna. The food was very good, and this German family is wonderful they make you feel like you've known them all your life. I would highly recommed it. It's good for the young and the not so young. They
have something for everyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Seattlebaby
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Well to start off, there is nothing wrong with Riedlbauers Resort. This place is designed to take you back to the times when you could just hang out and relax with your friends and family. Your kids could run around and you wouldn't have to worry. There is so much to do, that you would never get bored.

I have been going here since I was very little and loved it. I look forward to coming every year. The rooms may seem outdated, but if you really look at it, it's just a way to make you take in what vacation really is all about. There is no need for TV, or cell phones, or internet.

The scenery is so beautiful. The hiking trails are so mun fun and take you to the wildest places. The entertainment is perfect. Every night there is a party in the main house... Whether it's bingo or dancing night or game night or the weenie roast. The food is completely satisfying. There will always be something to eat that's delicious. There's so much to do with the tennis and basketball courts, playground, pools, game room and driving range. The service is great too. They are so nice and charming. They are also very attentive.

Lastly, it's so easy to make friends. Everyone is so friendly and all you have to do is say hi. I have made so many friends and they include the owners. The are amazing people and are doing a great job. Just come to Riedlbauer's Resort and see for yourself. This is what they would call a vacation.

8  Thank Sportslover19
Reviewed 31 December 2009

This is the best place on Earth! My family and I have been going for thirteen straight years. It is a great place to go and relax. Coming from a German family I personally love the blasting German music and the very delicious food. The atmosphere is one in which all the other teenagers and children who are there when I am feel entirely comfortable. My parents as well as the parents and grandparents of my friends let us run around the grounds because it is very safe. We have created bonds that have lasted thriteen years. The rooms are not bad at all either. I personally prefer the Alpen Haus and their rooms because of the size of our family. The Annex is not as nice but that is no reason to put down the resort as a whole! I love the evening activities. Game night is fun for everyone (there are games for kids, the potato roll, balloon popping competition, and my favorite, the funnel game - plus you can win quarters!). Music and dancing are great ways for the whole resort to come together and celebrate the German culture on Friday and Saturdays. Wednesday night weenie roasts are the best! (PLEASE NOTE - this is just my knowledge of what goes on during the summer months!!! I do not know if this occurs during the other seasons because I only go during August)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank VacayGrl802
Reviewed 26 June 2009

We were looking for something different for Father's Day and searched Green County Events. We came up with the Bavarian Festival at Riedlbauer's and took the plunge. 3 different German bands, Schushplatten Dancers, Alpine Cow Bell music, Beer, Wiener Schnitzel, Bratwurst, Potato Pancakes, Apple/Cinnamon Cobbler and did I mention Beer? All under a tent with a view of the Driving range and some truly Alpine looking woods.
We only did a day trip but asked to see the rooms. Clean and simple. Just like I remember from my youth of staying in the Catskills. This is not your cucumber and goose poop facial spa. This is sturdy, delicious food, quiet rest and beautiful woodland hiking. They do have shuffleboard, Tennis, a brand new indoor pool and hot tub and a great outdoor pool. There is a new building of up to date rooms (no TV) and the owners (since the early 2000's) are renovating the older rooms as they can (good occupancy slows that down).
The owners are VERY accommodating, helpful and friendly. The food and room prices are reasonable for the area and there is plenty of parking.
They do have a strong German/Austrian flavor (the piped music actually is appropriate and fun) including the architecture of the buildings.
I would have no problem taking Friends or family there.. A great base to explore the Catskills from.
I'm going back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank privateer56
Reviewed 17 February 2009

I have been a loyal customer for the past 5 or 6 years now. As a matter of fact, I have reservations next weekend. I look forward to my stay every year. We are in our early 40's, no children, love german tradition, music and food and beer. We also love nature and the outdoor activities). We feel relaxed and welcomed the minute we pull up to the resort. The piped in german music instantly brings a smile to our faces and we can't wait to greet the family of owners. I feel the rooms are old fashioned and could be updated but that is not a main concern for us. The room is a place to shower, sleep and store our bags and that's about it for us. We spend all of our time hiking, sled riding, enjoying the new pool/hot tub/sauna, going to Hunter and sitting at the bar or fireplace talking with friends. We look forward to the home cooked meals and enjoy drinking and dancing Saturday night. For us, the price is right, the owners are down to earth, friendly and accomodating, the food is like mom / grandmas and it's a very fun and relaxing winter get-away.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank BeachBum014