2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
ExpediaUS$220
Agoda.comUS$220
FindHotelUS$222
TripadvisorUS$220
All reviews grappa restaurant insomnia cookies walking distance restaurants and shops attached restaurant great place to stay nice hotel convenient location hotel is located would definitely stay here again business trip pleasant stay cemetery bookstore lobby barnes bridget
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2021 via mobile

Stayed overnight before a doctors visit. Easy check in and check-out. Room as well as all common areas were spotless. Front desk personnel were friendly, courteous and helpful. Rooms appeared to be well sanitized with seals placed on the door after cleaning. A great place to stay!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Wanderer99350
Reviewed 1 March 2021

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 2 to 4 nights every week since September. The staff, facilities, location, and service kept me coming back. In over20 stays, I felt like this was my home away from home.

The staff is super friendly and professional. It was great being greeted by Caity, Nekia, Zach, Brigit, Mary, and others every time I checked in, every morning when I went off to work, and every evening when I returned from work. They were all extremely courteous and always wanted to ensure you had a great stay.

The hotel had all the necessary measures needed during a pandemic. They had digital keys, plexiglass at the front desk, hand sanitizers at all elevators, clean stay stickers on the door upon check in confirming I was entering a sanitized room, and masks required everywhere on the premises. The closely followed NY state and Monroe county guidelines when it came to the pool and gym. When required to be closed, they were closed. But when they were open, they would only allow one guest in the gym at a time, following a screening questionnaire. They would then sanitize the gym before allowing anyone else to go in.

Location wise, this hotel is ideal if you're working or visiting the hospital in walking distance or going to the University of Rochester. If you opt not to eat at the delicious Grappa restaurant in the hotel, within 3min walking distance you'll find several great choices like Mamasan's, Taichi bubble tea, Chipotle, Insomnia Cookies (must try), and many more.

The hotel has ample parking both outdoor right in front of the hotel, and just beside the hotel in a covered parking garage (which was ideal during my December and January visits).

Rooms are very large, clean, come with fridge, micro, keurig, iron and iron board, lots of chargers (plug and USB). I typically stayed in the nice big corner rooms (233, 333, 433, or 533). As a diamond member, I would receive 2 complimentary water bottles every stay. When available, they would also occasionally upgrade me to the suite (232). Please see pictures of both room types.

The staff goes over and above. They would always have my mail ready for me. One time, I had a lot of packages ordered (as it's easier to ship to the US, then here in Canada at times). The staff was kind enough to have all items neatly waiting for me in my room in a clean and sanitized manner. On my check out days, they would always store my luggage so that I could pick it up after work.

The ambiance of the hotel is great, with a gorgeous fireplace in the lobby, opposite a beautiful restaurant. There's the convenience of having a mini-convenience store right in the lobby.

Whether visiting for work like me, or on a vacation with family, I would highly highly highly recommend staying at this Hilton Garden Inn. I spend over 100 nights per year in various hotels of various hotel chains, and definitely consider this amongst the top 2 hotels I go to.

Unfortunately I'll only be going down to Rochester once a month now. But you can be sure, I'll be staying here.

Room tip: Corner rooms are best
Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
12  Thank SafiFariaa
Reviewed 19 January 2021 via mobile

When we walked in, our hotel room front door had a sealed stating that the room has been cleaned and sanitized.
The room was huge. Big leaving room and with pulled out sofa.
The bath room is big and lots of room.
The bed felt normal.
Due to covid the staff will not come and clean rooms while being occupied but you can request fresh towels and other bath room necessities if needed be and they will placed it outside the door. My family and I enjoyed our stay very much.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2020

Staff took covid precautions. Sanitizer stations are next to the Elevator.
I stayed at the hotel for one night on my way back from Canada in October. Also close to restaurants with ample parking space.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 7 November 2020

We were disappointed but what the rooms and cleaniness lacked was superbly made up by staffs. They were apologising for faults, faults which should not be there if management did its job properly. Staffs are amazing

Date of stay: October 2020