“Ordinary ”

Yumi
Get food delivered
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

Nice decor, including the bathroom flooring tiles.

Attentive service.

We had the hibachi. Good performance. Clear broth was good. Shrimp was over cooked. Noodle was salty. The fried rice was bland. Green peas in the fried rice was still frozen. I initially requested for regular rice. The server pointed to the hibachi and said fried rice (done hibachi style), and insinuated everyone at the table ordered fried rice. She did not mention that there is an additional cost of $3 for fried rice. To me, the server pushed for additional sale without full disclosure and being misleading (sneaky).

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed 14 June 2019

I was here yesterday with my daughter. I like the layout, the statues, the prints on the walls. It is all really nice. Our server and cook were both friendly. We enjoyed our food. I had vegetables with noodles, white rice and warm Saki. She ordered vegetables, noodles, chicken and friend rice. I had some of her friend rice and it was delicious, much better than my white rice.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Keke L
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I went to this establishment with my wife to have dinner. We were assigned a table and as we were sipping our teas, the waiter approach us and said if we could move to another table to make room for " some people " who are coming. I said no to him and by saying no, our meal pay the price. My wife and I complain to the waiter and she just laugh it off. I was very upset. I went to the manager to complain , but nothing was done. My wife I are never coming to this place and I will warn others about my experience there.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We were looking forward to HIbachi on Father's Day this year and had planned on going to Edo Restaurant in Pelham area. After (stupidly) not making a reservation and finding that they were booked the entire day we searched for other nearby Hibachi options. We saw Yumi which is located in a large shopping complex which has BJs Wholesale, Michaels, Five Below and other stores. We had their food before for takeout, but we had some of the Thai dishes and had not experienced dining in. We called and they said that they could accommodate our smaller party of 3 immediately. Lots of parking in the large lot. We arrived about 4:30 PM on Sunday (Father's Day) and saw that there were quite a few larger parties waiting for tables. We stood around aimlessly near the cashier (there didn't seem to be "hostess" table/station) and finally after about 5 minutes a waitress confirmed that we were "3 for Hibachi" and seated us right away. There was room for 3-4 on one of the tables which could easily accommodate us at the time as opposed to the larger parties that were waiting. There is a bar area in the front while you wait. There are about 12-14 Hibachi Grill Station arranged in doubles so about 15 people can fit on one double station or 7-8 on each side. A waitress came by and took orders for drinks first and then came back around again about 10 minutes later for food orders. She was fast (some might say rushed), but very efficient. I understand hot hectic it is for a Sunday, and being Father's Day. Beer was $5, soft drinks were $2-3, Hibachi solo dishes were $16-20, while the combos were $22-28. All Hibachi dishes come with rice, noodles, vegetables, soup and a salad. We got two combos, steak and salmon, chicken and shrimp and a separate kids shrimp. I believe it is a few dollars more to get the rice fried on the grill, otherwise they will bring you a small bowl of white rice while your meat is being cooked. The chef was great. Entertaining, especially to my little guy (6 years old). Those who have done lots of Hibachi in the past may be used to the Onion Volcano, Egg in Pocket/Hat, Twirling Utensils and Squirting Sake into the adults' mouths, but being that this was our first time at Hibachi, we had a blast. I was the only one who caught the chopped veggie in my mouth... and on the first try too!! Though Im not sure what that says about me... The chef was personable and friendly, and got everyone involved. Kudos for having that personality after a day of serving/entertaining people. The food itself was good (3 out of 5). I felt like the meats/fish needed basic seasoning like salt and pepper. On the grill they add some sauces which gives it a little something, but basic salt and pepper beforehand would have made the world of difference. Large portions of food. My combo meal plate must have weighted around 3 lbs with steak (cooked to order by the way), salmon, rice, veggies and lo mein. The bill for the three of us, with 2 combo meals, 1 kids meal, 2 soft drinks and one beer was $73, which I found to be on the cheap side given the food and the "show". We had an overall great time here and I would recommend this place to anyone in the area or first time Hibachi. I see some reviews complained about the service, my experience was that they were efficient. For a busy Sunday (holiday) afternoon I didn't feel rushed or neglected. Then again we are classic city folk (in and out/straight to the point)...those who need more time or attention may find their experience different.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Jemlnlx
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Customer service is in the toilet Where is the dividing line between customer service and good tasting food? The past three times of delivery the food arrived 1.5 - 2.5 hours after order. I complained each time but they do nothing by way of compensation. This time, the sauce wasn't made correctly. I ordered and forgave them for the lateness because the food taste good. But this time, the food taste was off. When bringing it to their attention, they were dismissive at best. Then they proceeded to tell me it would take an additional hour to have my sauce delivered so it would be best to pick it up. I just said to credit a portion of this order toward my next and he said "no. it was just the sauce!" Duh!!! The sauce makes the food! I was beyond taken back and I did not ask for the sauce to be delivered in case it would have more ingredients that I would have desired, if you know what I mean. Soo disappointed in heir service. It's even the same when you're on site. The food is good but the folks are dismissive, uncaring, unfriendly, and need to go to school for customer service. Poor customer service spoils a meal. I just can't get over the fact that they couldn't do anything about a "bad" meal. The worst! (this was a delivery)

Date of visit: May 2017