Hotels.com
All reviewskindred spiritsleaf peepingbit datedmountain jamrelaxing weekendsummerfallfireplaceairbnbhikingmanhattan
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Unbelievable experience! When arriving at this lodge at midnight there was no one at the front desk! The owner left keys and credit card receipts for the full stay! In other words my credit card was charged for the full stay prior to arrival.

The rooms are full of black mold, the swimming pool was shut down despite 80 degree weather and the hot tub water was green! After informing the owner that we were checking out after the first night he informed us that we could not check out and that he would call the police if we left. Indeed we received a phone call from a state trooper a few hours later! We advised the officer that we were reporting this lodge to the local health board regarding the black mold.

We therefore quickly called Expedia to inform them to not list this lodge and called our credit card company to cancel any transaction.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
11  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 20 July 2017

No free breakfast, no Wi Fi, no blow dryer. Was not worth the money without theses amenties
Could never find anyone to complain to. Says free breakfast ,free wi fi and blow dryer but none of this was available. A lot of garbage around the grounds that is just laziness

Room Tip: Check amenties before booking
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clarice72017
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

They have a child working at the restaurant. When I asked her how old she was, she told me that she was only 12 years old. The rest of the staff is rude. I left my phone on the table at dinner and went back to get it and the staff told me that they didn't find a phone there. I know that I left it there. The workers STOLE my iPhone. Never going back. Untrustworthy staff. I was only here for one night but who knows what else would have been stolen if I had stayed longer and left my things in my room while I was gone.

Stayed: February 2016
23  Thank kaitlyn m
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

The room was satisfactory. The WiFi was a bit spotty, and the television had very poor sound quality, but when I choose to stay in a non-chain establishment, I don't necessarily expect more. We would have had a pleasant stay, but unfortunately the lodge's business practices left a bad taste in my mouth.
We called for reservations about six months before our arrival and were quoted a price that was about 66% of the lodge's advertised rates. We were booking two rooms and staying three nights, so thought we were given a special rate. We called one week before our reservation, and our stay of three nights with two rooms was confirmed.
We arrived at the lodge around 10pm after a thirteen hour drive looking forward to turning in after a long day. The clerk had difficulty finding our reservation, but was able to locate it after five minutes or so of nervous searching. One person from each room then handed over our cards, she ran them, and we were given receipts from the cc machine (not an itemized receipt, just the total). The amount my card was charged was in line with the original quote, so I thought nothing more of it.
Alas, when we returned for our last night's stay, a note had been left in our rooms (our uncleared rooms) requesting we stop at the desk upon departure to pay for an unscheduled third night! What an unpleasant surprise! We were on the hook for half again more than we anticipated!
If we had received clear communication at any of the three points of contact (our initial reservation, the confirmation, or at check-in) the whole mess could have been avoided. Instead we were left to deal with an unsympathetic lodge keeper at 6am demanding 50% more money than we had originally expected.
After 15 minutes of negotiating he was willing to discount my room by a whopping 8.5%. Wow. It's amazing the lengths to which this small business owner will go to assure happy guests.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
9  Thank meandastilbe
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel looks spacious and clean. You got toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and coffee for free. I brought my dog with me and there's no extra charge. They offered free breakfast too, but with only yogurt, cereal, some cookies and coffee. Overall I was satisfied with my stay.

Stayed: October 2016