All reviews kindred spirits mountain lodge bit dated mountain jam ski resort my boyfriend al cathy hiking woodstock
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

The room was satisfactory. The WiFi was a bit spotty, and the television had very poor sound quality, but when I choose to stay in a non-chain establishment, I don't necessarily expect more. We would have had a pleasant stay, but unfortunately the lodge's business practices left a bad taste in my mouth.
We called for reservations about six months before our arrival and were quoted a price that was about 66% of the lodge's advertised rates. We were booking two rooms and staying three nights, so thought we were given a special rate. We called one week before our reservation, and our stay of three nights with two rooms was confirmed.
We arrived at the lodge around 10pm after a thirteen hour drive looking forward to turning in after a long day. The clerk had difficulty finding our reservation, but was able to locate it after five minutes or so of nervous searching. One person from each room then handed over our cards, she ran them, and we were given receipts from the cc machine (not an itemized receipt, just the total). The amount my card was charged was in line with the original quote, so I thought nothing more of it.
Alas, when we returned for our last night's stay, a note had been left in our rooms (our uncleared rooms) requesting we stop at the desk upon departure to pay for an unscheduled third night! What an unpleasant surprise! We were on the hook for half again more than we anticipated!
If we had received clear communication at any of the three points of contact (our initial reservation, the confirmation, or at check-in) the whole mess could have been avoided. Instead we were left to deal with an unsympathetic lodge keeper at 6am demanding 50% more money than we had originally expected.
After 15 minutes of negotiating he was willing to discount my room by a whopping 8.5%. Wow. It's amazing the lengths to which this small business owner will go to assure happy guests.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
10  Thank meandastilbe
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel looks spacious and clean. You got toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and coffee for free. I brought my dog with me and there's no extra charge. They offered free breakfast too, but with only yogurt, cereal, some cookies and coffee. Overall I was satisfied with my stay.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 30 September 2016

The Catskill Mountain Lodge was a nice facility generally, somewhat dated but very clean and spacious rooms. However, we waited 20 minutes to get checked in because no one was at the desk. They initially checked us in to a first floor room, near the street. When we asked for a change, we got it. There was no reason to not give us the better room because 95% of the place was empty. No one notified housekeeping of the change, so our room was not cleaned and there was no coffee the next day. I took three attempts to locate any staff member to get the coffee the next day. I can not really recommend this place ( which was not cheap) based on our experience.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main lodge are better
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Colleen S
Reviewed 26 September 2016

This facility is much nicer on the inside than on the outside. There is no one at the desk. We did not have our room cleaned, which we could live with. However, we could find no one to give us coffee packets for the morning. Too much money for the basics to be ignored. Also the food in the restaurant was HORRIBLE. Great place for a drink, but do not eat there.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank dbsearch2016
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We stayed at this property for two nights - Friday through Sunday. Access to NY Thruway and surrounding attractions is excellent - Saugerties, Woodstock, etc. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, but in serious need of an update. Just a few small touches would go a long way. We spent very little time in the room, so didn't really impact our experience.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends