All reviews kindred spirits mountain lodge bit dated mountain jam ski resort my boyfriend al cathy hiking woodstock
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel looks spacious and clean. You got toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and coffee for free. I brought my dog with me and there's no extra charge. They offered free breakfast too, but with only yogurt, cereal, some cookies and coffee. Overall I was satisfied with my stay.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 30 September 2016

The Catskill Mountain Lodge was a nice facility generally, somewhat dated but very clean and spacious rooms. However, we waited 20 minutes to get checked in because no one was at the desk. They initially checked us in to a first floor room, near the street. When we asked for a change, we got it. There was no reason to not give us the better room because 95% of the place was empty. No one notified housekeeping of the change, so our room was not cleaned and there was no coffee the next day. I took three attempts to locate any staff member to get the coffee the next day. I can not really recommend this place ( which was not cheap) based on our experience.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main lodge are better
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Colleen S
Reviewed 26 September 2016

This facility is much nicer on the inside than on the outside. There is no one at the desk. We did not have our room cleaned, which we could live with. However, we could find no one to give us coffee packets for the morning. Too much money for the basics to be ignored. Also the food in the restaurant was HORRIBLE. Great place for a drink, but do not eat there.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank dbsearch2016
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We stayed at this property for two nights - Friday through Sunday. Access to NY Thruway and surrounding attractions is excellent - Saugerties, Woodstock, etc. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, but in serious need of an update. Just a few small touches would go a long way. We spent very little time in the room, so didn't really impact our experience.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank nycjda
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Stayed here 2 weeks ago. Waited over 15 minutes to get checked in. No one at desk. Called numbers per written instruction on counter for service, 4 times. Finally got the bar tender from the restaurant in separate building near road. He checked us in. Next morning went to front desk, empty again, rang bell, called 2 #'s posted, and a man walked in and I asked him my question, he answered, not sure if he was the owner or not. Never saw any other employee. Room spacious and clean. Windows to the patio door were smudged with nasty stuff. Garbage all over ground outside our patio door. Old microwave and screens leaning against building next room or two down. Not what I want to see when on vacation. Parking lot not lit at night. Outdoor sitting areas near rooms could be swept of stone for more welcoming feeling. Spend your money somewhere else. Luxury room has a 20"(?) TV.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family