“Great Northern Catskill Find”

Catskill Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palenville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 February 2016

I've stayed here recently while construction work is being done at my house. It has been a wonderful experience. The owners are friendly, helpful & work hard providing great service to their guests. My motel room was spacious, super clean, warm upon arrival with a comfortable bed, coffee & bathroom goodies. This lodge is pet friendly & provides a continental breakfast in the lodge. There were repeat guests checking in & I know why. This family run place is a jewel in the Catskills close to ski areas, Hunter & Windham. It has lots of room/cabin choices. And the restaurant has good food & offers free jazz on weekends. Rates are very reasonable, particularly compared to those on Mountaintop or on AirBNB. Will recommend to family & friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near lovely creek.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Anne R

Reviewed 25 January 2016

My husband and I stays here at least once a month. I spend my birthday here last weekend and they when above and beyond to make it memorable. Great food and fine music/band. The owners are very welcoming :)

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Esther L
Reviewed 19 January 2016

We just came back from a 2 night stay for MLK weekend with our two boys ages 6 and 4. Perfect location, about 15 minutes to Hunter Mountain. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a retro vibe and lovely view of Kaaterskill Creek. The boys loved the electric fireplace! I loved that it had a mini fridge. The restaurant (Kindred Spirits Steakhouse) was convenient, with good food, great selection of beer and wonderful service. The live jazz both nights was a surprising treat. We had no problems with our accommodations and the owners were super friendly and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Shane S
Reviewed 29 December 2015

I have never felt happier going upstate. My weekend in the Catskill has been magical thanks to Catskill Mountain Lodge. I highly recommend anyone who goes upstate NY to stay there if you want to have an amazing upstate experience. Everything was on point (including food and services.) The owners are very accommodating and welcoming. The Catskill Mountain Lodge is a home away from home.

Room Tip: I slept in the Luxury suit but I am sure they can accommodate you with all that you need.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chava Z
Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Talk about a slum of a hotel. No hot water heat Didn't work. While the owner or what ever he claimed to be my wife and I decided to get something to eat at there restaurant Kindred Spirits. The second we walked in we where greeted by a bunch of local OTB gamblers. Thebar was filthy. We entered the dinning room,also filthy and finally where waited on. Service was terrible. I needed to use the rest room. I've never seen a mens room so dirty. It smelt like urine and hadn't been cleaned in what looked like months. That being said we left promptly never to return

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
14  Thank Jeff J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palenville
23.6 km away
10.2 km away
The Sun View
The Sun View
#3 of 3 in Tannersville

Been to Catskill Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Catskill Mountain Lodge

Address: 334 Route 32a, Palenville, NY 12463-2726
Region: United States > New York > Catskill Region > Palenville
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palenville
Price Range: HK$758 - HK$1,555 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Catskill Mountain Lodge 2.5*
A classic year-round lodge set on the banks of the famed Kaaterskill Creek with spacious, comfortable rooms, some with fireplaces, and several cabins. Close to Hunter & Windham Ski resports, Woodstock, Saugerties and Horse Shows in the Sun. Full service steakhouse & pub on site open daily with Off Track Betting Parlor. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Catskill Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Catskill Mountain Hotel Palenville