“Super food and service.”
Review of A.J's

A.J's
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Ovid
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

All of the locals gather and eat here and I know why. Real down home cooking just like I remember diners to have. The eggs and hash browns were very good and the cheese omelet was done to perfection. Would love to have this restaurant closer to home. Open for breakfast and lunch only but so worth the trip to go here.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

AJs, is the Ovid Diner. Right on Main Street across from the Park with its gazebo and the famous Three Bears buildings. This is hometown America!

We usually go for breakfast on a week day. There’s always a table or two of old time regulars on coffee break, so the air can get seasoned with some salty language now and then. Sit in the back if that’s a problem.

No turkey meats for breakfast here, so the veggie omelet with hash browns is my go to. Just know the portion size is big! Also, note the doughnuts are fresh made! Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Exactly what we were looking for!!! It's your typical Main Street breakfast with the basic offering done right. The type of place where the regulars don't need menus, a table of old men and they automatically bring you coffee.

The waitress recommended the corned beef hash and even offered a refund if it wasn't the best we've ever had. Took her up on that offer and the hash did not need refunded. I ordered the "small" pancake, but it covered a full plate. I'm guessing the large is the size of a pizza?

Good service and friendly atmosphere. They offered a lunch menu as well and the burger special looked good.

1  Thank dmcurtis
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

It was the first time I'd been to AJ's. The food and service were great. And the waitress have us free donuts.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

AJs is the kind of restaurant you'd expect to find if Mayberry was still around today, and Juanita would be your waitress. A bunch of us went here for lunch last week, and it was almost comical how "retro" this place was. Don't get me wrong...the food was filling and OK. But several of the sandwiches were $2.00/each!!! I haven't seen that in at least 20 years! My Reuben was $5.00, which was good (but one of the more expensive sandwiches on the menu). My colleague ordered the "Disaster," which included a hamburger patty, a sausage, peppers, onions and more...all on a burger bun! All cheap, all tasty (I think). They had an extensive pie & cake display, but we decided against having dessert.

This place was great for the price, although not gourmet, and very campy (with the locals). I would go back again.

1  Thank Larry W