“Cute place, latte was ok”

Seneca Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Ovid
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Baked goods looked great, just stopped for a latte, but was disappointed,not very hot. Should have ordered it extra hot.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 3 September 2017

My sister spotted the ad for the new Seneca Coffee House in the Seneca Shopper so while we were out hunting down garage sales I said, let's check out this café. I really couldn't believe Ovid has a real coffee house like the ones I'm used to in nyc. Well, I wasn't prepared for it but I'm happy to report that it's not just good, it's great starting with the coffee to the décor and the friendly owner and his family. And, the pastries as I could tell at a glance are homemade, fresh and fantastic. I had a cheddar cheese popover, the last one in the case with my perfect macchiato. The coffee beans are from one particular coffee farm in Costa Rica and they're also sold in the shop. Let me just add that not only is the café a work of artful restoration, the owners have renovated the entire c.1860 building of this historic village (part of the Military Tract laid out by Ithaca's founder Simeon DeWitt and populated by pioneers and soldiers from the Revolutionary War). It's a great spot for locals, tourists and the community.

Date of visit: September 2017